POSITION: Registered Nurse (RN)
CURRENT OPENINGS: Archway Classical Glendale & Lincoln Prep/Archway
REPORTS TO: Headmaster and Director of Nursing (Full-time, benefits-eligible, immediate opening) Salary Range: $40,000-$52,000
Great Hearts Academies is a non-profit charter management organization (CMO) that operates classical preparatory K-12 public charter schools. Our academies cultivate the minds and hearts of students through the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. We currently serve schools in Arizona and Texas and provide additional communities with the Great Hearts liberal arts model of public education and, in the process, aim to restore excellence to American public education. We proudly prepare students for success at the best colleges and universities in the nation but see our larger purpose as producing great-hearted graduates that are prepared to be intellectual, moral and engaged citizens.
Additional information can be found at http://www.greatheartsamerica.org/ .
Great Hearts Registered Nurse works within the campus health office and is responsible for providing medical care along with maintaining health and wellness to school-age scholars and school staff.
The school nurse provides assessments and care for minor injuries, chronic illness, and urgent and emergency needs of scholars and staff. The Registered Nurse aids scholars and youth in developing their full potential in their own health and health education. The Registered Nurse provides education to staff regarding health and emergency response and emergency medication administration. Maintain good communications skills and professionalism while working with scholars, parents, and other staff members. The registered nurse will supervise the additional health office staff.
· Graduate of an accredited professional nursing education program.
· Valid Registered Nurse (RN) license from the Arizona Board of Nursing.
· Current CPR Certification.
· Department of Public Safety fingerprint clearance and background check.
· Experience in school nursing is highly recommended but not required.
· Obtain certification and conduct hearing and vision screenings per ADHS guidelines.
· Obtain SSMP certification and train staff on use of Epinephrine, Albuterol and Narcan for emergency use.
· Treat minor and emergent injuries and illnesses.
· Ability to remain focused in the event of emergency with scholars or staff.
· Provide emergency care as needed to stabilize the severely ill or injured scholar until parents/guardians or emergency services arrive.
· Assess and treat scholars with acute and chronic illnesses.
· Identify underlying health condition by screening the scholars and determining abnormalities
of scholar’s health status.
· Review and implement Health Care Plans for Allergy, Asthma, Seizure and Migraine diagnoses.
· Contact parents as needed for illness and injuries.
· Educate scholars on hygiene and safety practices.
· Dispense daily medications OTC meds as per provider/Parent instruction.
· Possess basic math skills to ensure proper dosage amounts when dispensing medications.
· Review and verify immunizations for compliance and submission to the ADHS.
· Maintain complete, comprehensive, and thorough documentation.
· Ability to demonstrate calm, caring demeanor while working with scholars.
· Possess good presentation skills for training school staff.
· Keep the health office clean, organized, and quiet, along with ordering supplies as needed
· Compile, maintain, and file all updated immunization records, hearing and vision screenings, ASIR cards on all students.
· Promote the control of communicable diseases within the school and community.
· Expertise in school aged specific health care plans for acute and chronic health conditions.
· Competent in the ability to implement policies and procedures.
· Proficient computer skills.
· Ability to complete state and county required reports.
· Strong organizational, communication, mentoring, coaching and interpersonal skills.
Physical functions: Requires but is not limited to standing, sitting, repetitious hand and body movements, bending, squatting, and reaching. May be required to move or position equipment up to 50 pounds approximately.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not exclude or
restrict the additional tasks that may be assigned.
Great Hearts Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.