POSITION: Assistant Office Manager / Registrar
- Part-time at Anthem
- Full-time East Valley, AZ
Great Hearts Academies is a non-profit network of charter schools dedicated to improving education by developing excelling public prep schools. Great Hearts’ academies are substantially outperforming other public and private schools, proving that tuition-free schools can do a superb job of educating students if they are smaller, more efficient, and set higher expectations for all students through a core, classical liberal arts curriculum. We gladly prepare our graduates for success in the best colleges and universities in the nation, but our main purpose is the formation of the soul, heart, and mind. We believe that the highest goal of education is to become good, intellectually and morally. The success of Great Hearts is based on combining an unwavering commitment to classical liberal arts education with the understanding that our schools can constantly be improved through sound, data-driven leadership.
Assistant OM/ Registrar Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the annual enrollment and waitlist cycles, including late enrollment and withdrawal processes, and transfer of records documents/processes.
- Verifies Priorities, runs enrollment reports, SAIS Ids, and entry/exit codes within PowerSchool.
- Maintains detailed record of student enrollment in each grade level within PowerSchool, School Axis, and the academy internal tracker, ensuring that enrollment numbers are met. Follows GH guidelines with enrollment, including ADM.
- Provides reports to Office Manager and Headmaster and meets weekly with Headmaster regarding enrollment numbers.
- Manages in-person enrollment appointments, including gathering welcome materials, appointment management, and follow-up.
- Manages the collection and maintains the upload of student documents, ensuring all have been received per ADE guidelines.
- Receives and processes records requests from schools; maintains student withdrawal files in a timely manner per ADE guidelines.
- Ensures all student files are ready for annual ADE audit, ensuring compliance rules and regulations are followed.
- Maintains all student files, uploads, and records, including 45-day screens, discipline, transcripts, etc.
- Manages the academy’s on-site database (School Axis), electronic interfaces with the AZ Dept. of Education’s SAIS system, and all enrollment/attendance reporting to the State.
- Provides excellent customer service by communicating professionally through in-person, phone, email, and robo call, ensuring a positive enrollment process for families.
- Assists the Office Manager in organizing and overseeing the annual distribution (and collection) of textbooks, materials, and lockers to students and faculty, including informative communications with parents regarding book deposits, ordering, etc.
- Assists the Office Manager with contributions and fees through the payment system (Configio). Processes refunds during the withdrawal process.
- Ensures that all student grades are recorded in PowerSchool for submission to the ADE and assists Office Manager with communication of grades to the families.
- Maintains ongoing data in the student information system (PowerSchool) and enrollment system (School Axis).
- Assists Office Manager in creating sections and student schedules in PowerSchool.
- Assists in the front office when coordinator is out or as needed, answering phones, completing student attendance, etc.
- Provides support for Student Information Night, graduation, etc.
- Assists Office Manager with other duties as assigned.
- Reports to Office Manager and Headmaster
Qualifications, Competencies and Strengths
The Assistant Office Manager position offers an exceptional opportunity to lead and contribute meaningfully to a unique organization which is changing K-12 education in this country. While experience in education is preferred in this role, Great Hearts is seeking people who are passionate and committed to K-12 education reform.
- Prior experience working in a school’s front office preferred
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to organize confidential data efficiently.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with students, parents, co-workers and the public at large
- Strong computer skills utilizing Word and Excel and the ability to learn new software quickly
- Be a self-starter with an ownership attitude and a strong sense of drive and urgency to meet established goals
Personal Qualities and Values
We value each of our team members as individuals but believe that we achieve the greatest results by working together. We willingly sacrifice individual interests and recognition for greater collective impact. The candidate should enjoy being a team player. A vibrant shared services center, and the competitive aspiration, well-being, and camaraderie of our employees, is an essential complement to our academic communities.
The nine core virtues that we seek to model and instill in our students are:
- Responsibility. We accept obligations and we act on those obligations in a manner suitable to their timely and satisfactory fulfillment. We are willingly accountable for what we do and say, and we seek to learn from our mistakes.
- Perseverance and Courage. We spurn despair and strive to complete tasks to the best of our abilities, regardless of the difficulty. We respond creatively to overcome obstacles and ask for help when necessary
- Integrity and Honesty. We are individuals of strong ethical values, who make consistently good choices in keeping with our knowledge of right and wrong. We are always truthful in what we say and do, regardless of the circumstances or consequences.
- Citizenship and Humility. We give of our time and abilities to serve others. We uphold liberty and social equality through respect for individual differences and always strive to do our best whether we are recognized or not.
- Friendship. We regard others and ourselves as deserving of kind and just treatment. Our conduct is considerate and polite. We look for the good in others and demonstrate compassion. Our attitudes toward others reflect the way we wish to be treated.
- Wisdom. We learn from our mistakes and think before we act. We look to each other and our past successes for guidance on making good choices.
Great Hearts Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.