General Employment Application
The general employment application is used to fill future open positions. It gives candidates an opportunity to apply when no current positions are available.
Note: Candidates submitting a general application are considered as the need arises for all companies. No guarantee of employment is made by the completion of an application.
- Grade work
- Cut and fill operations
- Soil compaction
- Setting grade
- Utility Work
- Laying drainage pipe
- Building culverts
- Bridge construction
- Concrete Work
- Retaining Walls
- CDL Positions
- Erosion control
- Traffic control
- Other tasks as related to construction and the need of Blalock Companies
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School diploma or equivalent (Preferred)
- Must pass a physical examination, drug screen, and criminal background check
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with other employees and the general public.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee works in a variety of weather conditions of heat, cold, rain and snow. Weather conditions can result in a lost hours worked
- The employee is regularly required to use feet to push pedals and other controls,
- The employee must use speech and hearing for communication needs,
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds,
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- May be required to work weekends and holidays.