The DBA is responsible for the performance, integrity and security of the databases. The DBA will lead the planning and development of the databases as well as troubleshooting in scenarios applications, users or customers are impacted.
- Proactively partner with developers, business analyst and the user to community as the expert to ensure performance of the databases and queries is optimal.
- Develop the conceptual design and structure of the database and ensure the implementation meets the architecture standards.
- Troubleshoot availability and performance issues that impact YA’s applications. The DBA will lead root cause remediation as it pertains to the database.
- Create monitoring standards for database uptime and performance
- Build and implement an availability and continuity plan for key databases.
- Act as a gate keeper for new changes into the database environment. This could include SQL review.
- Build storing and archive standards of data.
- Create and maintain a database life cycle roadmap. This includes introduction of new versions and sunset of unsupported versions.
- Continuously evaluate database features and functionality and lead the testing and introduction.
- Control access and privileges of the database and data.
- Document database standards, procedures and support instructions.
- Ensure database security measures align with YA’s security standards.
- Participates in the on call rotation that provides 24X7 support.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS degree in computer science or other related filed; or the equivalent amount of hands on experience working in a similar role
- 5+ years SQL DBA experience
- Hands on Experience with MS SQL Server with solid understanding of:
- DB installation
- Monitoring performance and tuning
- Backups and recovery
- Server and DB security
- SQL Server DB mirroring, Windows and SQL Server clustering
- SSIS, ETL
- Experience with virtualization techniques
- Ability to apply understanding of industry best practices and ORM, like Entity Framework
- Desire and ability to learn latest technologies
- Outstanding organizational skills; a keen multi-tasker with an ability to remain flexible and positive in a fast-paced environment. Ability to organize and manage by leveraging process, methodology and documentation.
- Experience and proven ability to shift focus fluently from one area of focus to another as strategy and priorities dictate and remain ultimately accountable for work product while setting clear delivery expectations for team members. Ability to operate effectively to deliver tactical and strategic objectives.