Job Title: Recruiter and College Relations Specialist
Location: Missoula, MT
Reports to: Director, Human Resources
Modern Machinery Co., Inc. has been in business for over 75 years. We sell, rent and service high-quality heavy equipment while providing exceptional customer service and product support to our customers. Modern Machinery is committed to our core values and creating a safe working environment for all our employees. For more information about our company, please visit our website at: www.modernmachinery.com.
This position requires an energetic, creative, and team-oriented individual that will develop partnerships with Modern Machinery’s leadership, educational institutions, community organizations, and other related groups. To establish and promote a strong employment brand to develop a talented candidate pipeline. The person in the role will actively engage in various networking opportunities with key high school programs and post-secondary diesel technology programs to assist Modern in recruiting top talent. This role will work closely with HR and the Marketing teams to promote and implement strategies that will attract, recruit, and retain talented team members at all experience levels.
- Demonstrate Modern Machinery’s core values and promote the mission and vision of the company.
- Follow all company policies, processes, procedures. Exercise safe work practices to contribute to the achievement of the company’s safety goals.
- Maintain and continue to grow Modern’s strong relationships with post-secondary diesel programs, high schools, educators, and students.
- manage a calendar of recruitment and organize Modern’s participation in those events.
- Participate as a member on various Diesel Advisory Boards; attend technical career development workshops and conventions as well as student career counseling forums or workshops.
- Keep current with industry and company trends and be able to discuss with candidates.
- Define, create, and execute recruiting and communication strategies for talent acquisition to attract and hire high-potential interns and early career full time employees
- Provide an exciting and accurate preview of Modern’s culture and values to prospective candidates.
- Utilize innovative recruiting techniques to identify and attract the best talent by attending career fairs, career exploration events, or other networking opportunities to meet and interact with potential candidates.
- Organize and plan recruitment events hosted by Modern.
- Prepare presentations and other marketing materials to introduce your Modern’s brand and open positions.
- Identify opportunities to improve campus recruiting efforts, stay up to date on trends and influence organizational change(s) to positively impact talent acquisition outcomes.
- Build relationships with hiring managers and collaborate with them to draft/revise job descriptions and gain understanding their department’s specific needs.
- Work closely with Service Managers to organize, facilitate, track, and communicate with all Technician recruiting initiatives, including interns.
- Maintain and manage workflows for all open requisitions through the company’s applicant tracking system (Oracle Cloud).
The responsibilities described above are the general nature and levels of work performed but are not intended to be a complete comprehensive list of all the duties, activities, and responsibilities required of job incumbents. Responsibilities, duties, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
REQUIRED SKILLS/JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- BS degree in Human Resources, Business, Marketing, or relevant field and/or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Recruiter or similar HR role
- Extensive networking experience both in person and digital/social media platforms.
- Experience and/or knowledge of the heavy equipment industry and/or technical positions is beneficial but not required.
- Demonstrate leadership and exercise high integrity to make sound independent decisions while interacting and cooperating with all company personnel.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced, changing environment and be detail oriented.
- Excellent communication (both oral and written), interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to articulate organizational culture and opportunities to candidates.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and applicant tracking systems (Oracle Cloud)
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB:
- Requires travel, up to 40% - 50%
- Requires prolonged sitting with periodic lifting, walking, standing, bending, stooping, and stretching.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Insurance
- 401k/Roth Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Holiday, and Bereavement)
- Participation in Annual Incentive Plan (AIP)
- Gym Membership Reimbursement Program
- Family Scholarship Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Disability Benefits
Modern Machinery is an Equal Opportunity Employe