Job Title: Heavy Equipment Lube Technician
Location: Kent, WA
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Service Manager
COMPANY SUMMARY: Modern Machinery has been in business for over 75 years. We sell, rent and service high quality heavy equipment while providing exceptional customer service and product support to our customers. Modern Machinery is committed to our core values and creating a safe working environment for all our employees. For more information about our company, please visit our website at www.modernmachinery.com.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: The Lube Technician is responsible for traveling to customer's job sites and performing preventative maintenance services and inspections on Komatsu equipment, as well as all other Modern Machinery affiliated product lines. Applicants must be able to excel in a team environment and possess a professional, confident presence with a focus on accuracy, attention to detail, prioritization of demands, and initiative.
- Demonstrate Modern Machinery’s core values and promote the mission and vision of the company.
- Follow all company policies, processes, procedures. Exercise safe work practices to contribute to the achievement of the company’s safety goals.
- Adhere to any additional customer requirements, safety related and otherwise when working on a customer’s site.
- Perform preventive maintenance (PM) services, inspections, and minor repairs on Komatsu and other Modern Machinery affiliated product lines.
- Ensure the assigned lube service truck is appropriately maintained and clean.
- Including stocking oils, filters, and service supplies on the vehicle, offloading used oil and products, developing proficiency in utilizing vehicle facilities to perform service work, and managing oils and fluids in a manner which minimizes environmental impact.
- Customer satisfaction is our priority; all customer inquiries must be handled promptly and in a professional manner.
- Manage time effectively to minimize machine downtime
- Effectively communicate with the customer and provide status updates throughout the service/repair process.
- Complete and submit assigned work order reports, time entry and all other paperwork on company provided laptop daily.
- When appropriate compile any additional documentation necessary for completeness.
- Service training will be made available for technicians, with the Service Manager having the final input on types of training and who will attend. Technicians receiving the training are expected to share their knowledge with the other technicians.
- Assist other technicians on large repairs or projects.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Service Manager or supervisor.
The duties described above are the general nature and levels of work performed and are not intended to be a complete comprehensive list of all the duties, activities, and responsibilities required of this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Valid Class A/B CDL and the ability to maintain an insurable driving record.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Detail oriented
- Must be able to work well independently or with others in a team environment.
- Must be reliable, honest, and have a strong work ethic.
- Customer service experience, ability to establish and maintain strong customer relationships
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to work overtime with minimal notice if required
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Basic Computer knowledge
- Hydraulic, engine, electrical troubleshooting and repair
- Must be able to work various shifts as dictated by the customer’s demands
- Medical, Dental Vision & Prescription Insurance
- Preventive Insurance Coverage
- 401k/Roth Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Holiday & Bereavement)
- Participation in Annual Incentive Plan (AIP)
- Gym Membership Reimbursement Program
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Disability Benefits
- Family Scholarship Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Modern Machinery is an Equal Opportunity Employer