Job Title: Field Technician
Location: Jerome, ID
Reports to: Service Manager
Modern Machinery has been in business for over 75 years. We sell, rent and service high-quality heavy equipment while providing exceptional customer service and product support to our customers. Modern Machinery is committed to our core values and creating a safe working environment for all our employees. For more information about our company, please visit our website at www.modernmachinery.com.
Immediate opportunity for a full-time, journey-level, highly motivated, self-directed Heavy Equipment Field Service Technician in Jerome, ID. You must be well established in heavy equipment repair and maintenance. Relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate Modern Machinery’s core values and promote the mission and vision of the company.
- Follow all company policies and regulations for safe work procedures and contribute to the achievement of company safety goals.
- Independently troubleshoot and repair all systems (electrical, hydraulic, A/C, power train, etc.) on Komatsu and other Modern Machinery affiliated product lines.
- Operate equipment as needed to assist in locating and diagnosing the failure.
- Utilize hand and power tools and electronic diagnostic equipment.
- Read and interpret complex hydraulic and electrical schematics.
- Perform diagnostic testing and tuning of equipment.
- Have the experience and ability to determine the extent of the repair and the corrective action required.
- Follow all safety rules and policies while performing all work assignments as specified in company handbooks.
- Adhere to any additional customer requirements, safety related and otherwise when working on a customer’s site.
- Asses parts to determine the cause of failure and/or their reusability.
- Communicate with parts department personnel to order the necessary parts required to complete repair(s).
- Perform assignments in a variety of environments, including the field, on customer’s sites and in the shop.
- Customer satisfaction is our priority at Modern Machinery; all customer inquiries must be handled promptly and in a professional manner.
- Effectively communicate to the customer the machine’s problem, the intended plan for repair and provide status updates throughout the repair process.
- Establish strong customer relationships.
- Work well under pressure and within deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ensure the assigned field service truck is appropriately maintained and kept clean.
- Complete and submit assigned work order reports, time entry and all other paperwork on company provided laptop daily.
- When appropriate compile any additional documentation necessary for completeness.
- Assist other technicians on large repairs or projects.
- Attend and participate in appropriate training(s).
The responsibilities described above are the general nature and levels of work performed but are not intended to be a complete comprehensive list of all the duties, activities, and responsibilities required of job incumbents. Responsibilities, duties, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
REQUIRED SKILLS/JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must demonstrate troubleshooting and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time along with walking, climbing ladders and stairs, reaching, pulling, leaning, and twisting.
- Accurately complete DOT E-Logs and maintain compliance with DOT hours of service.
- Must be able to work well independently or with others in a team environment.
- Must be reliable, honest, and have a strong work ethic.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with customers and co-workers.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Must own required tools.
- Ability to work overtime with minimal notice.
- Must be able to travel away from home.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma required. Associates or Bachelor’s degree in diesel technology or related field preferred and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of three to five years of verifiable experience repairing heavy equipment in a field service truck.
- Class A or B CDL required.
- Prior dealership experience is beneficial, but is not required.
- Experience with Komatsu as the primary equipment line is preferred, all others may apply.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Insurance
- 401k/Roth Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Holiday, & Bereavement)
- Participation in Annual Incentive Plan (AIP)
- Gym Membership Reimbursement Program
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Disability Benefits
- Family Scholarship Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Modern Machinery is an Equal Opportunity Employer