Job Title: Parts Counter Sales Associate
Location: Portland, OR
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Parts Manager
COMPANY SUMMARY: Modern Machinery Co., Inc. has been in business for over 75 years. We sell, rent and service high-quality heavy equipment while providing exceptional customer service and product support to our customers. Modern Machinery is committed to our core values and creating a safe working environment for all our employees. For more information about our company, please visit our website at: www.modernmachinery.com.
POSITION SUMMARY: This is a great opportunity for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. As a Parts Counter Sales Associate, you will be responsible for assisting in the determination of parts requirements with customers, selling parts and providing order processing services. This position works closely with all members of the Portland branch to maintain and ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate Modern Machinery’s core values and promote the mission and vision of the company.
- Follow all company policies, processes, procedures. Exercise safe work practices to contribute to the achievement of the company’s safety goals.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers:
- Process phone, email, and walk-in parts orders
- Effectively communicate product knowledge to customers, research customers' requests to determine correct part(s).
- Prepare quotes and provide product lead times, and freight costs to customers.
- Manage parts orders and provide customers with order status updates.
- Communicate with vendors and manufacturers when required
- Process paperwork including invoicing to customers and matching invoices to purchase orders.
- Ability to use a computer to retrieve customer information, stock status information, the status of purchase orders, and to make changes to customer orders.
- Participate in annual parts inventory physical count.
- Assist and provide support to Modern’s Product Support Sales Representatives (PSSR’S).
- Coordinate with the Credit Department concerning the credit status of the customer’s account.
- Will be required to operate a forklift to load and unload items.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. in a safe manner and utilize ladders for items that are off the floor.
The responsibilities described above are the general nature and levels of work performed but are not intended to be a complete comprehensive list of all the duties, activities, and responsibilities required of job incumbents. Responsibilities, duties, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
REQUIRED SKILLS/JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- The individual in this position should be personable, highly motivated, detail oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Provide exceptional customer service to all customers, manufacturers, distributors, and co-workers.
- Personal accountability and self-management to prioritize and complete all tasks required of the position
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage relationships both internally and externally
- Teamwork: cooperate and support others within the Parts Department and the Modern Machinery organization
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Previous parts experience is helpful but not required
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Insurance
- 401k/Roth Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Holiday, and Bereavement)
- Participation in Annual Incentive Plan (AIP)
- Gym Membership Reimbursement Program
- Family Scholarship Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Disability Benefits
Modern Machinery is an Equal Opportunity Employer