Modern Machinery Co., Inc. has been in business for over 75 years. We sell, rent and service high-quality heavy equipment while providing exceptional customer service and product support to our customers. Modern Machinery is committed to our core values and creating a safe working environment for all our employees. For more information about our company, please visit our website at: www.modernmachinery.com .
Modern Machinery has immediate opportunities for full-time, journey-level, highly motivated, self-directed Heavy Equipment Shop Service Technician’s in our Kent, WA branch. Candidates must be well established in the heavy equipment repair and maintenance industry with at least two to three years of experience repairing and maintaining heavy equipment. Relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate Modern Machinery’s core values and promote the mission and vision of the company.
- Follow all company policies and regulations for safe work procedures and contribute to the achievement of company safety goals.
- Troubleshoot and repair all systems (electrical, hydraulic, A/C, power train, etc.) on Komatsu and other Modern Machinery affiliated product lines.
- Operate equipment as needed to assist in locating and diagnosing the failure
- Utilize hand and power tools and electronic diagnostic equipment
- Read and interpret complex hydraulic and electrical schematics
- Perform diagnostic testing and tuning of equipment
- Follow all safety rules and policies while performing all work assignments as specified in company handbooks.
- Asses parts to determine the cause of failure and/or their reusability.
- Communicate with parts department personnel to order the necessary parts required to complete repair(s).
- Customer satisfaction is our priority at Modern Machinery; all customer inquiries must be handled promptly and in a professional manner.
- Complete and submit assigned work order reports, time entry and all other paperwork daily.
- When appropriate compile any additional documentation necessary for completeness.
- Assist other technicians on large repairs or projects.
- Attend and participate in appropriate training(s).
- Most of your time will be spent in the shop; however, you may be expected to work in the field from time to time. This may require overnight stays in motels and the management of an expense account.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Service Supervisor or Manager.
The responsibilities described above are the general nature and levels of work performed but are not intended to be a complete comprehensive list of all the duties, activities, and responsibilities required of job incumbents. Responsibilities, duties, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Must demonstrate troubleshooting and analytical problem-solving skills
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time along with walking, climbing ladders and stairs, reaching, pulling, leaning, and twisting.
- Must be able to work well independently or with others in a team environment
- Must be able to work well under pressure, within deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude
- Must be reliable, honest, and have a strong work ethic
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with customers and co-workers.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Must own required tools.
- Strong computer skills
DESIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma required. Associates or Bachelor’s degree in diesel technology or related field preferred and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of two to three years of verifiable experience repairing heavy equipment
- Prior dealership experience is beneficial
- Experience with Komatsu as the primary equipment line is preferred, all others may apply
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Insurance
- 401k/Roth Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Holiday, and Bereavement)
- Participation in Annual Incentive Plan (AIP)
- Gym Membership Reimbursement Program
- Family Scholarship Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Disability Benefits
Modern Machinery is an Equal Opportunity Employer