Job Title: Territory Manager
Location: Kent, WA
Exemption Status: Exempt
Reports to: Branch Manager
COMPANY SUMMARY: Modern Machinery Co., Inc. has been in business for over 75 years. We sell, rent and service high-quality heavy equipment while providing exceptional customer service and product support to our customers. Modern Machinery is committed to our core values and creating a safe working environment for all our employees. For more information about our company, please visit our website at: www.modernmachinery.com.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: The Territory Manager is responsible for the coverage, retention, development, and customer satisfaction of a specific group of customers within an assigned territory. This individual should be an ambitious, reliable, and ethical problem solver with the ability to adapt to all the forces around them – customers, suppliers, department employees, co-workers, and manufacturers. It is imperative that in this role the candidate possesses strong interpersonal communication and selling skills.
- Demonstrate Modern Machinery’s core values and promote the mission and vision of the company.
- Follow all company policies, processes, procedures. Exercise safe work practices to contribute to the achievement of the company’s safety goals.
- Territory Management of the Seattle, WA metro area.
- Develop and enlarge the customer base within the assigned territory, while maintaining position with current accounts.
- Maintain communications and advise management of all changes within the territory.
- Structure, plan and execute sales activities commensurate with company goals and objectives.
- This may include customer relationship programs, strategic call plans, deal status reporting, demonstrations, and participation in promotional shows.
- Utilize company provided systems/tools to capture all sales activity.
- Use of these systems/tools should assist you through the entire sales process, generating leads, winning the sale, volume, territory awareness, participation, and customer satisfaction.
- Achieve and maintain excellent product knowledge.
- Maintain a high-level understanding of marketing and finance programs.
- Prepare quotes to outline product features and benefits and that incorporate marketing and finance programs when applicable.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with customers.
- Determine the customers’ needs to provide them innovative product solutions.
- Follow up to ensure that all aspects of sales and rental transactions are correct and completed on time.
The duties described above are the general nature and levels of work performed and are not intended to be a complete comprehensive list of all the duties, activities, and responsibilities required of this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Be a personable, highly motivated, and ethical problem solver who can adapt to all forces around – customers, suppliers, manufacturers, and co-workers.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Ability to take the initiative to accomplish work with little supervision.
- Effectively manage relationships both internally and externally.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to exercise integrity, confidentiality, and discretion.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Capable of working with all levels of the organization.
- Teamwork: cooperate and support others within the Modern Machinery organization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or 5+ years of industry experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Applicants must have at least three years of outside sales experience, in heavy equipment sales.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB:
- Requires prolonged sitting with periodic lifting, walking, standing, bending, stooping, and stretching.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and the ability to maintain an insurable driving record.
- Must be able to travel on a regular basis to include overnight stays.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Insurance
- 401k/Roth Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Holiday, & Bereavement)
- Participation in Annual Incentive Plan (AIP)
- Gym Membership Reimbursement Program
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Disability Benefits
- Family Scholarship Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Modern Machinery is an Equal Opportunity Employer