Work at Purchasing Power
Purchasing Power is looking to hire an Email Developer to join our exciting and fast-paced, Email Marketing team.
Why Purchasing Power?
We are the leading specialty e-retailer offering consumer products, vacations and online education services through an easy and convenient payment plan. Our customers love us because we make paying for their purchases stress- and hassle-free. The automatic payments help them to avoid penalty fees and ballooning interest associated with other payment options. While the fixed payment duration options empower them to budget more efficiently. Ours is a revolutionary e-commerce experience that gives customers access to a better life combined with a responsible way to buy.
Reporting to the Email Marketing Manager, the Email Developer will work collaboratively with the email marketing and creative teams to code and deploy high-performing promotional, automated, trigger, and transactional emails, as well as Push and SMS campaigns while implementing best-practice templates and methodologies.
- Work closely with email marketers, copywriters, and designers to develop, code, and QA promotional, automated, and transactional emails based on email best practices and latest HTML and CSS methods
- Create dynamic templates and content modules in Responsys to improve engagement KPIs and enhance the customer experience
- Perform quality assurance: test links, troubleshoot code, ensure rendering across multiple test platforms and devices
- Build ad hoc promotional emails and email automations based on customer segmentation; build new transactional emails based on business use cases
- Review email reporting and KPIs to constantly optimize campaigns
- Improve email production processes to enhance efficiency
- Assist with the creation of A/B tests to improve open rates, click to open rates, and engagement
- Subject matter expert on advances in email capability
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- 5+ years of email experience in a retail ecommerce environment
- Expert knowledge in email HTML and CSS
- Experience with an enterprise-level ESP (Responsys highly preferred)
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- Understanding of KPIs relevant to email marketing
- Working knowledge of media queries and email scripting languages for dynamic content: Responsys Programming Language (RPL) highly preferred
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to produce creative projects from start to finish
- Expertise in email development industry best practices and benchmarks
- Knowledgeable on email best practices, technologies, and trends
- Be able to operate independently and efficiently to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to evaluate and change priorities daily and to perform efficiently within a fast-paced team environment
- Oracle Responys/Eloqua
- Copywriting experience
Purchasing Power is a fantastic place to work because: We were founded on the belief that we could empower people and provide the means for them to obtain the small (and sometimes big!) things that improve the quality of their lives.
We are ‘Powering People to a Better Life™’ through our employee purchase program, financial literacy efforts and charitable contributions.
For more information, visit www.PurchasingPower.com
- Our people! We are very proud of our people, we “Power People to a better life”
- 100% company paid benefits for employees
- Casual work environment
- Summer Hours
- Flexible PTO
- Top of the line hardware
Purchasing Power is an equal opportunity employer. At Purchasing Power, we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating and separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.