Hanford Laboratory and Management Integration, LLC (HLMI) is recruiting for a Project Engineer in Richland, WA.
This position will support Hanford Laboratory Management and Integration, LLC (HLMI). HLMI is located in Richland, WA, and operates, manages, and maintains the 222-S Laboratory Complex for the Department of Energy. The HLMI members are Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc. (Oak Ridge, TN), and Advanced Technologies and Laboratories International (Gaithersburg, MD).
The Facility Improvements Project Engineer supports a cross-functional group to successfully execute a variety of facility improvement projects at the Hanford 222-S Laboratory Complex. The 222-S Laboratory building is a DOE Hazard Category 3 Nuclear Facility. Projects, of which there are many, range in value from $1M to $10M and are to be accomplished over a 3 to 5-year period. A few examples include: replace failing hot cell windows on several active hot cells, re-engineer an existing hot cell for long term sample storage, upgrade several lab rooms to new hoods and other infrastructure, and design and construct a new facility addition to support improved ingress and egress from the 222-S facility. Projects may be either self-performed by HMLI staff or subcontracted as determined by Davis-Bacon reviews. Projects must be coordinated with ongoing laboratory engineering, analytical, and maintenance operations so as not to disrupt operations.
This position will be a direct report to the HLMI Laboratory Projects Manager. A self-motivated and industry-experienced candidate is sought to fulfill this critical role.
- Project Engineer, I. has the general responsibility to assist in coordination multi-discipline teams in support of delivery of a large and/or complex project or a number of small projects.
- Establish engineering project delivery strategies including engagement of the supply chain.
- Support the development and maintain control of the engineering elements of the project execution baseline including scope, schedule, and budget.
- Support the proactive liaise with engineering manager and procurement to ensure timely engagement of support resources.
- Lead the provision of technical oversight of engineered equipment procurement and engineering services including such things as: technical procurement specifications and statements of work (SOW); evaluation of supplier proposal(s); and oversight of selected supplier engineering execution.
- Ensure proper identification and implementation of engineering processes, procedures, standards, and codes to be used for the delivery of the project.
- Ensure required and relevant project technical information is archived and the ownership transferred to operations and maintenance engineering entities at project turnover.
- Has responsibility to interface with technical and program management levels of the Department of Energy (DOE) to represent the company with regard to project activities and must possess excellent communication skills.
- Has specific experience in the design and implementation of facility improvement projects in operational environments and Hazard Category 3 (or similar) Nuclear Facilities, with a working knowledge of DOE Orders and Standards, as well as industrial design standards.
- Specific experience working and interfacing with labor unions.
- Experience working with other site contractors, some of whom perform specific tasks that must be integrated into the project for successful completion.
- Position requires working knowledge of all aspects of project management tools and techniques relating to all project activities such as planning, budgeting, and performance measurement.
- “Hands-on” project management experience including procurement strategy and preparation of technical portions of procurement packages (SOW, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Engineering and 7 years of related experience with at least 2 of the years leading related project.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Engineering and 10 or more years of related experience with at least 5 of the years leading related projects.
- Knowledge of the Hanford site is desirable.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under federal law against discrimination. Please click on this link http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf which is the "EEO is the Law" poster to view information regarding these rights.