Hanford Laboratory and Management Integration, LLC (HLMI) is recruiting for an Organic Analytical Chemist in Richland, WA.
This position will support Hanford Laboratory Management and Integration, LLC (HLMI). HLMI is located in Richland, WA, and operates, manages, and maintains the 222-S Laboratory Complex for the Department of Energy. The HLMI members are Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc. (Oak Ridge, TN), and Advanced Technologies and Laboratories International (Gaithersburg, MD).
Job Description :
Responsible for performing a variety of scientific duties including, but not limited to: applying regulatory methods to client samples for the analysis of organic compounds, reviewing scientific calculations/analyses, preparing specifications, reports and data tables, maintaining laboratory instruments and the written operating procedures, and training and directing analysts. This position will interface with analysts, chemists, engineers, and lab management. Candidate must be able to qualify as radiological worker.
- Preparing analytical reports and performing technical data reviews
- Ensuring operational status of analytical eq uipment by maintaining c alibrations, troubleshooting instrument malfunctions and data quality issues, performing routine preventative maintenance, maintaining control charts, completing method detection limit studies
- Providing direction, oversight, and training to analytical technicians
- Meeting regulatory hold times and client reporting commitments
- Participating in inter-laboratory proficiency study programs, audits and assessments to maintain method accreditation
- Developing new methods and conducting method qualification studies
- Act as subject matter expert within assigned areas, provide assistance to less experienced scientists, and other organizations within the 222-S Laboratory
- Author and perform reviews and systematic process improvements for assigned methods, procedures and test plans
- Function as the technical authority for assigned methods, procedures and study areas, including person-in-charge functions and configuration control authority
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Chemistry or related scientific discipline and 7 years directly related experience.
- Must be knowledgeable of US-EPA SW-846 volatile and semi-volatile organic analysis methods, as well as EPA SW-846 organic extraction methods .
- Strong computer skills , candidate must be a proficient user of spreadsheet , word processor , and organic data processing programs .
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Chemistry or related scientific discipline and 9 years directly related experience
- Advanced scientific degree
- GCMS and/or GC/ECD operation and troubleshooting experience
- Canister/whole air analysis experience and/or HPLC experience
A relocation allowance is authorized for this job position for qualifying candidates.
Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
Annual Salary Range (based on full-time 40 hours per week)
Scientist I Grade 18: $101,525 - $128,075
Scientist II Grade 19: $111,588- $140,663
In accordance with the Advanced Technologies & Laboratories, Inc (ATL) salary determination process, ATL takes into consideration the level of assigned job duties and responsibilities and the candidate’s education, training, and/or experience relative to internal peers and the external labor market. A candidate's salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under federal law against discrimination. Please click on this link http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf which is the "EEO is the Law" poster to view information regarding these rights.