Advanced Technologies and Laboratories is growing its network team at Joint Base Lewis McChord in Tacoma, WA. You are a cleared TS/SCI network technician who will be part of the network team responsible for the upgrade and maintenance of the network infrastructure across the intelligence complex. This is a salaried position with benefits, working regular business hours.
Your daily responsibilities will be:
- Installation of network hardware and network infrastructure (e.g. fiber optic, wire systems, PCM, and 26 pair cables).
- Assist with installing, configuring, and maintaining switches, routers, VoIP and analog phones, and VTC systems.
- Assist in the testing and inventory of hardware and network components
- Assist in providing technical services including: printing, telephone, video teleconference, and computers network connectivity.
- Assist in troubleshooting and correcting network problems.
- Active TS clearance and SCI access.
- Up-to-date COMPTIA Security Plus (+) certification.
- One of the CCNA technical certifications, or verifiable formal training as a CCNA.
- 3-5 years of IT experience in networking with routers and switches; and tele-communications (VoIP and analog phones, video teleconference systems) equipment.
- Experience with both multi-mode and single mode fiber optic cables.
- Proficient in the use of numerous types of fiber optic test equipment.
- Proficient with the installation of CAT5e and CAT 6 UTP cables.
- Proficient in the use of network cable testers.
- Basic knowledge of OSI model layer 2 technologies and implementation.
- Good communications, interpersonal, and consulting-type skills.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and climb 10ft ladders.
- Knowledge of firewalls and VPN connections.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- BS or AS Degree in a discipline related to Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Certification or verifiable formal training in CCNA Security and Juniper Networks Certified Associate JUNOS.
- Security Technical Implementation Guides (STiGs) and network vulnerability patching, updates, and tracking.
- Knowledge of classified networks and encryption devices.
- Experience with DoD (Army) networks.
- FOA Certified Fiber Optic Technician and/or BICSI preferred.
- MS Visio experience.
- Network monitoring applications.
- Experience assisting with network design or aptitude to do so.
ATL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including:
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
NOTE TO JOB SERVICE: VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.