Advanced Technologies and Laboratories International, Inc. (ATL) has partnered with Navarro Research and Engineering, inc. to form Hanford Laboratories and Management Integration (HLMI). We are seeking applicants for one open Mechanical Engineer position for the 222-S Laboratory, a DOE facility specializing in the analysis of highly radioactive samples. Work location is in the 200W Area of the Hanford Site near Richland, WA.
Support the 222-S Complex with mechanical engineering and other duties as assigned with direct supervision. Performs a variety of engineering duties including, but not limited to: design, drafting, developing and approving work packages and Engineering Change Notices (ECNs), conducting field walk downs, developing specifications, performing and/or reviewing calculations, testing, troubleshooting, design/procedural reviews and assisting in the planning and execution of field work. Performs engineering work in accordance with applicable codes, standards, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering or project tasks. Demonstrates problem solving and exercise of judgment as required on advanced level work details and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
- Prepare technical reports, review designs, plans and shop drawings. Perform mechanical analysis using MathCad, AutoCAD, Smart Plant, and other software. Apply working knowledge of ANSI, ASME, ASHRAE and other mechanical codes, manuals and standards to engineering design.
- Implement and manage Preventative Maintenance (PM) for assigned systems. Support the team planning process to develop work instruction to safely implement designs within the 222-S Complex. Oversee field modifications and acceptance testing and perform field work complete walk downs.
- Coordinate and work closely with other engineering, maintenance, operations, business and program management disciplines to define system specifications and requirements.
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering discipline.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering discipline and 2 years of directly related experience.
- 1 year of nuclear facility experience or Hanford Engineering Staff qualification.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under federal law against discrimination. Please click on this link http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf which is the "EEO is the Law" poster to view information regarding these rights.