Advanced Technologies and Laboratories International, Inc. (a PSI company) has partnered with Navarro Research and Engineering, inc. to form Hanford Laboratories and Management Integration (HLMI). We are seeking applicants for the position of Chemical Technologist for the 222-S Laboratory, a DOE facility specializing in the analysis of highly radioactive samples. Work location is in the 200W Area of the Hanford Site near Richland, WA.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Chemical Technologists provide routine analytical analysis on a variety of high to mid-level radioactive samples and material by chemical, physical, instrumental and radiochemical methods, using a variety of analytical instrumentation and equipment which may include but is not limited to: Alpha Energy Analysis (AEA), Gamma Energy Analysis (GEA), Non Destructive Analysis (NDA), Gas Chromatography (GC), Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS), Ion Chromatography (IC), Inductive Coupled Plasma (ICP) plus Mass Spectrometry (ICPMS).
- Perform assignments of diverse, specialized and complex nature requiring the full knowledge of the analytical laboratory techniques and procedures.
- May direct the activities of others, and give on-the-job training to less experienced personnel.
- Support the analytical methods in accordance with the HAMTC bargaining unit contract, which may include shift work.
- Operational need will determine daily work scope.
- Candidate will be able to lift up to 25 pounds. In addition to work in a radiation area, candidate must be able to work around various chemicals without known sensitivity or allergic reactions. Excellent hand-eye coordination is required.
- High-school diploma (or equivalent), and US citizenship. Candidate must be willing to work with radioactive materials and must be able to qualify as a radiological worker.
- Experience working in an analytical chemistry laboratory including ability to work with various lab instruments and equipment is preferred.
Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting and information technology services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry's most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including:
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
NOTE TO JOB SERVICE: VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.