Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- Prepares detailed specifications for programs.
- Assists in the design, development, testing, implementation, and documentation of new software and enhancements of existing applications.
- Works with project managers, developers, and end users to ensure application designs meet business requirements.
- Formulates/defines specifications for complex operating software programming applications or modifies/maintains complex existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents those programs.
- Provides overall operating system, such as sophisticated file maintenance routines, large telecommunications networks, computer accounting, and advanced mathematical/scientific software packages.
- Assists all phases of software systems programming applications.
- Evaluates new and existing software products.
- Prepares cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to help management decide whether implementing the proposed system will be financially feasible.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with 2+ years of relevant experience. An equivalent combination of education, certification, and relevant experience may be considered.
- Active Secret or Interim Secret Clearance
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected must be able to successfully pass a Government background investigation.
Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting and information technology services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry's most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including:
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
NOTE TO JOB SERVICE: VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.