Perry Ellis International, Inc. represents a diverse portfolio of lifestyle apparel brands. The Company, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries owns and licenses nationally and internationally recognized brands including: Perry Ellis®, Original Penguin® by Munsingwear®, Laundry by Shelli Segal®, Rafaella®, Cubavera®, Ben Hogan®, Savane®, Grand Slam®, John Henry®, Manhattan®, Axist®, Jantzen® and Farah®. The Company enhances its roster of brands by licensing trademarks from third parties, including: Nike® and Jag® for swimwear, and Callaway®, PGA TOUR®, and Jack Nicklaus® for golf apparel.
We are currently looking for a VP of Talent Acquisition to join our team in Miami, FL!
The Vice President of Talent Acquisition will report to the CEO and will lead the Global Talent Acquisition strategy for Perry Ellis International. The VP of Talent ensures candidate awareness of the PEI brand, creating a unique recruitment experience. He/She will develop a pipeline of diverse, high performing talent to support corporate positions for the diverse Perry Ellis portfolio. As a highly visible and critical member of the Human Resources team, the VP will serve a partner to the senior leadership team. He/She will bring a comprehensive perspective for attracting and retaining the very best talent in the industry via employer branding strategies.
- Development and implementation of key talent acquisition strategy(s). Lead the development of a full candidate lifecycle experience from sourcing,
recruitment, internal stakeholder partnerships and management, offer, on-boarding, integration and career path planning
- Develop and execute the employer branding and candidate experience across channels that align with company objectives and strategies
- Team leadership and development: inspire, enable and support the TA team in their development and performance
- Partner with business leads and functions to ensure consistent employer branding; a compelling candidate experience.
- Educate and coach hiring managers on available talent pool, recruiting best practices, and their role in supporting the company’s hiring policies, practices, and company values
- Build strong selection capabilities, and criteria that deliver high quality hires
- Promote diversity in the workplace and ensure recruiting strategies attract diverse candidates
- Recruit for various roles including, but not limited to positions within Merchandising, Planning, Sourcing, E-commerce, DTC, Design, Marketing, Global Communications, and Retail positions
- Lead and drive follow up with management to determine effectiveness of recruiting programs.
- Create talent acquisition KPI’s to measure TA performance
- Partner with Talent Management team to identify talent gaps for key positions and build pipelines accordingly
- Build and implement a framework for a roster of external recruitment firms, including financial and quality parameters
- Build industry awareness and market intelligence regarding hiring and compensation trends and challenges.
- Partner with immigration counsel to initiate and oversee the completion of visa sponsorships for foreign national candidates
- Partner with external relocation representative to initiate and oversee the relocation of newly hired associates
- Oversee the applicant tracking resources: LinkedIn, Taleo
- Develop cost-conscious recruiting strategies that support the company’s needs; implement new processes and continuously improve existing processes in continuance of the company’s mission to source high quality talent
- Build upon relationships with Universities, Business Schools and Fashion/Design Colleges
- Oversee PEI internship program
- Oversee the Temporary/ Consultant programs/ agreements
- Responsible for traveling to Miami headquarters on a monthly basis
- Adhoc projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant filed required
- Talent Acquisition experience in a similar role. Minimum 15 years’ experience in a TA role
- Minimum of 5 years in a Managerial role leading successful teams
- Experience working in Apparel/Fashion/Advertising industry preferred
- International experience/ exposure a plus
- Proficient understanding of the fashion business and ability to recruit accordingly
- Executive presence
- Resilience and personality to deal with the demands of a fast moving, changing, entrepreneurial business with levels of creative energy and ambiguity
- Experience working within matrixed organizations
- Strategic and capability building experience
- Expertise and ambition to develop a team and function
- Strong leadership skills to ensure collaboration and team atmosphere across the TA and TM groups
- Experience with international relocation and visa processing a plus
- Must have high standard of ethics, integrity and confidentiality
- Experience with ATS systems (Taleo), social media / online resources (LinkedIn) and recruiting process workflows
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws governing employment policies and practices
- Assertiveness, inspiring, perceptive, collaborative, and decisive. Results oriented are critical characteristics to success of the chosen candidate
- Ability to gain confidence and build trust with internal and external contacts. Highly organized and detail oriented
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Passion for contemporary culture (luxury, art, technology, music, travel, leisure...)
- Positive, can-do attitude and problem solver, resourceful and pragmatic