The Social Media manager plays a lead role in the development, maintenance and execution of organic social media for New York brands under Perry Ellis International portfolio.
This role serves as the voice of the brand in the social space, creating innovative brand messaging and activations that engage consumers + influencers across multiple social media platforms. This person serves as the team organic social media strategist, content generator and channel expert whose ultimate goal is to communicate our brand positioning, boost engagement and increase followers.This person has a proven track record of demonstrating exceptional knowledge and understanding of the Social Media landscape – including content ideation & optimisation, building and engaging communities, social listening & reporting, planning & execution of socially-led campaigns, understanding of the latest technologies impacting key global platforms.
Additionally, this role is the main point of contact for the digital E-commerce and digital marketing teams in Miami. They will ensure that all brand messaging is executed across all channels and, reversely, that all E-commerce and digital marketing initiatives are executed on the brand level.
- Drive social strategy and innovating programs for brand marketing efforts
- Develop monthly, quarterly and yearly social media strategy for the brand - social strategies will be on-brand, innovative and utilize our unique voice/positioning
- Develop activity calendar for the brands across all existing channels and develop strategies for emerging social media platforms
- Manage all scheduling for social marketing programs by utilizing integrated day-to-day activity plans
- Use best practices for social media to assist with the expansion of the brand by increasing both followers and engagement across all social platforms
- Manage all social media feeds
- Review overall and individual social platform performance using social media analytics and provide recommendations to improve
- Establish guidelines and unique approaches to each social media platform. Maintain balance of original content together with user-generated content in order to optimize consumer engagement and brand advocacy
- Monitor and respond to all brand conversations while collecting and analyzing data for ongoing campaigns
- Develop weekly analytics to gauge brand health in the social sphere
- Maximize plans to increase both engagement and followers
- Develop and maintain relationships with social media influencers for inclusion in our social channels
- Proactively seek out new ideas
- Keep marketing group informed and up-to-date with current events in relation to social media
- Drive ideation and innovation on social voice, storytelling, and content to bring the brand's multiple dimensions to life.
- In close partnership with Creative Services, lead development and implementation of a broad range of content types including video, still imagery, and animations to be leveraged across a variety of social platforms.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure continuity in messaging, brand imagery and impact. This includes copy, imagery, graphics and video
- Work closely with brand marketing manager in the development and execution of all paid media for use in social media channels. This includes social advertising, digital advertising and brand activations.
- In partnership with the Senior Marketing Director manage all social budgeting efforts.
- Serve as social brand representative for all brand and related activities.
- Coordinate communication and approvals for all social programs as they apply to the PEI social media team, brand marketing team, retail group, licensing and e-commerce team.
Influencer and Partnership
- Owning strategy & execution of our influencer marketing
- Leveraging influencer connections and relationship-building skills to help tell brand stories, as well as drive intent and demand for our products.
- Driving how we measure success and learnings, to continue to grow our influencer marketing
- Developing creative ways to work with existing and new brand partners
- Strong Analytical and presentation Skills
- Strong copywriting and visual skills
- SEO and HTML proficiency a plus
- 5+ years of experience in managing social media in an agency or client side - preferably within fashion, apparel, retail, or consumer products.
- Bachelor's degree is required; Masters is a plus in Marketing or related fields
- Experience with translating brand positioning and messaging across key social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, TikTok, etc.) and the ability to communicate a consistent brand voice within the relevant format of each channel
- Strong content creation skills (graphic design, photography knowledge a plus)
- Proficient in the following programs:
- Expert level understanding of all social media platforms including but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, Pinterest, TikTok, etc
- Analytic summary and listening tools associated with all social platforms (where applicable)
- Google applications (mail, drive, sheets, slides, docs) or equivalent programs
- Google analytics
- Asset management systems and listening tools like Sprout, Sprinklr, Social Bakers, Curalate, Fanreel, Shopify, etc