Olgoonik is a strong family of professional contracting companies established to create benefits for our Alaska Native shareholders and fueled by the belief that to do so our operations must remain of the highest quality, our employees qualified and principled, and our commitment to safety and every client’s mission unconditional.
From our roots in Alaska’s Arctic to our operations in South America, Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East, our experienced and dependable workforce consistently delivers results through a sharp combination of innovation and practicality.
Assistant Project Manager/Estimator
Provide assistance to project managers overseeing projects for a broad range of commercial, construction, and environmental projects.
- Assists in bid phase by contacting vendors and subs, maintaining spreadsheets, cost data, etc.
- Research and locate additional subcontractors and vendors.
- Work with project managers on resource planning, availability and allocation according to project portfolio requirements.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Produce submittal logs from the contract documents and ensure that all project submittals are completed in a timely manner.
- Assist in building and revising project schedules.
- Perform quantity takeoffs.
- Assemble proposal pricing and cost estimates.
- Draft meeting minutes for site visits and other miscellaneous meetings.
- Produce project close-out documentation and submittals.
- Participate in team's post project lessons learned and performance reviews.
- Purchase and ship materials as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Education and/or additional related experience may be substituted.
- Minimum 2-4years of experience as a Project Coordinator or closely related field.
- Minimum 2-4year of experience in support of Federal Government contracts preferred.
- Have a good understanding of commercial construction means, methods, and materials.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to take direction from multiple project managers.
- Ability to proficiently multi-task and efficiently work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects and have a strong attention for detail.
- Demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to think strategically and work towards meeting short and long term goals.
- Demonstrate accuracy and good analytical skills.
- Must have the ability to organize and coordinate workload to meet deadlines, monitoring and adjusting priorities as needed.
- Must be proficient with MS Suite products (MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Project) and email business software.
- Position requires self-motivation and the ability to work effectively under moderate supervision.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must have driver’s license issued in United States
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
General office environment. Some travel domestically required based on business demands.
- Subsidiary: Olgoonik Federal, LLC
- FLSA: Exempt
- Requisition Nbr: 2013151
Olgoonik is an Equal Opportunity Employer - EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Olgoonik is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status. As an Alaska Native Corporation, Olgoonik provides hiring preference to Olgoonik shareholders, descendants, and their spouses to the extent allowed by law.