Olgoonik is a strong family of professional contracting companies established to create benefits for our Alaska Native shareholders and fueled by the belief that to do so our operations must remain of the highest quality, our employees qualified and principled, and our commitment to safety and every client’s mission unconditional.
From our roots in Alaska’s Arctic to our operations in South America, Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East, our experienced and dependable workforce consistently delivers results through a sharp combination of innovation and practicality.
Aircraft Servicer (ACS)
This is a part-time position working on weekends.
Operates within a fully contact operated direct fueling system.
Operators within a fully contractor operated direct fueling system may serve as the aircraft coordinator/director, a nozzle operator, the fire watch or the system (deadman control) operator.
- Evaluate conditions of, and maintaining fuel storage tanks, pipelines and piping systems.
- Know all checklist and Emergency procedures.
- Refuel Aircraft on occasion.
- Know how to collect data for inventory purposes.
- Other duties may be assigned from time to time, to include changing tires and hose pulling.
There are no supervisory responsibilities with this position.
Education and/or Experience:
- Two years’ experience documented experience in flight-line fuel servicing operations.
- Qualified to direct the movement of the aircraft for direct refueling operations.
- Qualified to taxi and position aircraft using hand signals to communicate with pilots and other direct refueling crew members.
- Qualified to check for hot brakes, out-of-pit engine shut-down and restart procedures.
- Be qualified to connect, test and operate the refueling nozzle and perform primary and secondary shut-off valve tests.
- Ability to work rotating shifts including nights and weekends.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite of products including, Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Position requires self-motivation and the ability to work effectively under a minimum of supervision.
- Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects, and have a strong attention for detail.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Commercial Driver’s License Class A or B with hazardous material, tanker and air brake endorsements.
- FMD certificate.
- Fuels military equivalent certified qualifications.
- Ability to obtain and maintain airfield Competency Card.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. The employee must be able to stand, walk and sit for a prolonged period of time; use hands and/or fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close and distant vision. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
Domestic travel may be required for training and program coordination.
The employee will primarily be located in El Centro, CA.
Work is regularly performed in outside weather conditions, including rain and extreme heat, near moving mechanical parts and includes occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions and to vibration.
- Subsidiary: Olgoonik Logistics, LLC
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- Requisition Nbr: 2013311
Olgoonik is an Equal Opportunity Employer - EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Olgoonik is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status. As an Alaska Native Corporation, Olgoonik provides hiring preference to Olgoonik shareholders, descendants, and their spouses to the extent allowed by law.