Olgoonik is a strong family of professional contracting companies established to create benefits for our Alaska Native shareholders and fueled by the belief that to do so our operations must remain of the highest quality, our employees qualified and principled, and our commitment to safety and every client’s mission unconditional.
From our roots in Alaska’s Arctic to our operations in South America, Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East, our experienced and dependable workforce consistently delivers results through a sharp combination of innovation and practicality.
Anti-Money Laundering Senior Advisor
Olgoonik is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability
The Anti-money laundering Senior Advisor will provide subject matter expertise to INL and GOM officials in the identification of and investigations related to money laundering and in intelligence gathering and analysis related to money laundering drawing from extensive, specialized experience.
- Coordinates anti-money laundering trainings provided to GOM officials and identifies trends, patterns, and analysis of money laundering within Mexico.
- Works and collaborates with teams comprised of multi-jurisdictional GOM officials both State and Federal, NGO’s, the financial industry, and regulatory authorities, involved in the investigation, prosecution, regulation, and control of money laundering to include trade-based money laundering, bulk cash smuggling, crypto currency, kleptocracy, money service businesses and wire transfers amongst others.
- Works with GOM State and Federal entities involved in the targeting of Transnational Criminal Organizations and corresponding money laundering activities.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with GOM counterparts, serving as a liaison between INL and GOM officials and NGO’s, the financial industry, banking sectors, regulatory authorities, advises INL staff on the creation, implementation, review, and assessment of anti-money laundering capacity-building projects, and meeting with host nation or USG interagency partners to provide input on collaborative projects.
- Implements a plan for GOM that includes the strengthening of money laundering investigations to State and Federal investigators and prosecutors for criminal prosecution, in the Mexican Judicial System.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, criminal justice, public policy, or related field, or Ten (10) or more years of professional law enforcement experience can be substituted for education.
- A combination of ten (10) years’ experience working with U.S. law enforcement or financial regulatory/enforcement agency such as FINCEN or OFAC and aa minimum of Five (5) years of field experience working money laundering investigations or financial enforcement and regulatory issues.
- Familiarity with United States Government acquisition contracting management regulations, logistics and financial management policies and procedures.
- Experience in drafting and authoring weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- FSI level 3/3 Spanish.
- FSI level 4/4 English.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with senior U.S. and GOM officials.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite to include Word, Excel, and Power Point.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Advanced certification (ACAMS, ACFE) and proof of knowledge of the money laundering issues in Mexico.
MRPT Level Required
- Must be able to successfully complete a U.S. government administered investigation for an MRPT (Moderate Risk Public Trust).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds.
General office environment. Some travel both domestically and internationally required based on business demands. This position is based in Mexico City Travel to other locations in Mexico, the United States and other countries may be required. The positions offered are full-time, 40 hours per week.
- Subsidiary: Olgoonik Federal, LLC
- Requisition Nbr: 2013308
Olgoonik is an Equal Opportunity Employer - EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Olgoonik is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status. As an Alaska Native Corporation, Olgoonik provides hiring preference to Olgoonik shareholders, descendants, and their spouses to the extent allowed by law.