Olgoonik is a strong family of professional contracting companies established to create benefits for our Alaska Native shareholders and fueled by the belief that to do so our operations must remain of the highest quality, our employees qualified and principled, and our commitment to safety and every client’s mission unconditional.
From our roots in Alaska’s Arctic to our operations in South America, Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East, our experienced and dependable workforce consistently delivers results through a sharp combination of innovation and practicality.
Concrete Finisher - FEBR
Olgoonik is an Equal Opportunity Employer – EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability
A Concrete Finisher is defined as a person with the skill and experience necessary to perform a variety of construction activities relating to the layout, preparation, placement, and finishing of concrete. This position is expected to perform all aspects of concrete work with minimal direction from a crew foreman.
- Work relating to the layout, site preparation, placement, and finishing of concrete on a variety of military/government/commercial type construction projects.
- While not inclusive, the following are some of the typical tasks expected of this position: ground preparation; setting forms to required pitch and depth; cutting/bending/setting reinforcement; spread, level and smooth concrete using rake, shovel, hand or power trowel, hand or power screed, and float; mold expansion joints and edges using edging tools, jointers and straightedge; cut out damaged areas, drill holes for reinforcing rods and place rods to repair concrete, using power saw and drill; chip, scrape, and grind high spots, ridges, and rough projections to finish concrete using pneumatic chisels, power grinders, or hand tools.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Three years of applicable construction experience.
- Driving will be required. Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to drive safely will be required.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Ability to work as a member of a Team.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid Driver’s License preferred
SECRET Level Required
- Must have a current US Government SECRET Personnel Security Clearance or be able to successfully complete a U.S. government administered Investigation.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must also be able to maintain a US Government SECRET clearance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to stand, walk, sit, kneel, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate vehicles and some equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 80 pounds for 50 feet. Job requires the ability to perform tasks on all areas and aspect of a construction project. Must be able to climb ladders for heights up to 60 feet and crawl for distances of 50 feet.
Work is regularly performed outdoors in all types of weather conditions, including snow, rain, sleet, extreme winds, or ice storms. May be exposed to extreme temperatures, hot and cold, as part of environmental factors. Work may be performed near moving mechanical parts and/or vibration. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles or electrical shock hazards.
- Subsidiary: Olgoonik Federal, LLC
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- Requisition Nbr: 2013219
Olgoonik is an Equal Opportunity Employer - EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Olgoonik is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status. As an Alaska Native Corporation, Olgoonik provides hiring preference to Olgoonik shareholders, descendants, and their spouses to the extent allowed by law.