Olgoonik is a strong family of professional contracting companies established to create benefits for our Alaska Native shareholders and fueled by the belief that to do so our operations must remain of the highest quality, our employees qualified and principled, and our commitment to safety and every client’s mission unconditional.
From our roots in Alaska’s Arctic to our operations in South America, Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East, our experienced and dependable workforce consistently delivers results through a sharp combination of innovation and practicality.
Carpenter - FEBR
Olgoonik is an Equal Opportunity Employer – EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Carpenter at various overseas location. Will assist with installation of Forced Entry Ballistic Resistant Doors and Windows.
- Demolishes and prepares rough openings for replacement FE/BR doors and windows.
- Prepares and installs replacement FE/BR doors and windows.
- Installs door and window finishes.
- Perform tasks on all areas and aspects of construction projects.
- Must be able to lay-out, measure, plan and execute work activities.
- Typical types of work will be: steel stud and/or wood framing, drywall hanging and finish, dropped ceiling installation, painting/staining, hanging of doors, drilling and setting door hardware, demolition. Additional skills a plus.
- Proficient in the use of a variety of both power and hand tools.
- Performs other duties as assigned
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 3 years related carpentry experience required
- FE/BR experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Position requires self-motivation and the ability to work effectively under a minimum of supervision
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
SECRET Level Required
- Must have a current US Government SECRET Personnel Security Clearance or be able to successfully complete a U.S. government administered Investigation.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must also be able to maintain a US Government SECRET clearance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
This is a physically demanding job. These doors weigh up to 500lbs. The employee is required to be able to work with a crew to lift and install these doors.
This assignment is for various overseas locations. This position involves deployment to a physically challenging and stressful environment which may require unusual physical exertion under unfavorable conditions.
- Subsidiary: Olgoonik Federal, LLC
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- Requisition Nbr: 2013218
Olgoonik is an Equal Opportunity Employer - EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Olgoonik is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status. As an Alaska Native Corporation, Olgoonik provides hiring preference to Olgoonik shareholders, descendants, and their spouses to the extent allowed by law.