Olgoonik is a strong family of professional contracting companies established to create benefits for our Alaska Native shareholders and fueled by the belief that to do so our operations must remain of the highest quality, our employees qualified and principled, and our commitment to safety and every client’s mission unconditional.
From our roots in Alaska’s Arctic to our operations in South America, Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East, our experienced and dependable workforce consistently delivers results through a sharp combination of innovation and practicality.
Console Operator (Full-Time)
Olgoonik is an Equal Opportunity Employer - EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has a requirement for monitoring of a Nationwide Security Command Center and administering FDA Incident response system. The Command Center is operational 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year, and consists of a Building Access System (BAS), Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV), Emergency Intercom Security System, and the Incident Management System (IMS). The Console Operator is responsible for continuously administering, operating, and monitoring FDA security systems and peorming various tasks related to the Command Center.
Console Operators are expected to be available to work any of the following shifts on any scheduled day from Sunday through Saturday, which may include irregular hours, nights, holidays, overtime, extended shifts and weekend shifts, as the operational tempo dictates:
Day Shift: 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Evening Shift: 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Midnight Shift: 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
- Maintain a shift log on each shift to document activities to include but not limited to post changes, responses to alarms, dispatching of security guards, and activation of police or EMS response to incidents.
- Receive telephone calls for service and walk-in inquiries, take appropriate actions according to established procedures, and refer callers to other offices or to the proper authority.
- Notify the FDA Physical Security Branch of any discrepancies regarding emergency call list updates.
- Notify appropriate authorities in other FDA department contacts of situations requiring attention after regular business hours in accordance with established procedures.
- Operate and monitor security systems equipment to provide prompt and effective responses to alarms, system failures, and unusual activities in both routine and emergency situations.
- Operate radio and telephone communications equipment to provide prompt and effective responses to calls for service and inquiries in both routine and emergency situations.
- Vigilantly monitor perimeter and other designated closed circuit television cameras (CCTV) for suspicious persons or criminal activity and direct police/guards/federal protective service to investigate accordingly.
- Continuously monitor designated CCTV cameras and video recording equipment and provide written reports of any incident that occurs.
- Meet with FDA representatives regarding security investigations as directed by the FDA Project Officer.
- Prepares security procedures violation reports with associated documentation.
- Must present a neat appearance and be easily recognized as a contractor employee by wearing proper company attire and appropriate badges.
- May be required to provide escort of material to be shredded or for trash collection purposes.
- Abide by security regulations applicable to the site.
As a Console Operator you will receive training so that you may, on occasion, peorm the duties of an Alternate Shift Supervisor.
- Responsible for the peormance of the daily operation of the Command Center in support of the team’s objective.
- Responsible for enforcing FDA and company policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the Program Manager.
Education and/or Experience:
- One to two years of physical security, guard force, or alarm monitoring experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have the ability to work a variety of shifts to include nights, weekends, and/or holidays as required by the needs of the contract.
- May be required to work overtime.
- Must be fluent in the English language and have the ability to read, write, and comprehend technical documentation.
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner.
- Must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Suite of products including, Word, Excel, Access and E-mail business software.
- Thorough knowledge of Console Operator duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to respond to incidents with tact, professionalism, and attention to detail.
- Responsible for safeguarding all government property.
- Remain skillful and proficient in all areas of responsibility.
- Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Remain flexible to ever changing environments; adapt well to different situations.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard.
- Able to build and maintain respectful working relationships
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete and obtain a Level One Central Station Operator certification within the initial 90 days of employment.
- Must complete training on the operation and monitoring of the Monitor Dynamics Inc. (MDI) Version 184.108.40.206 SP4 monitoring stations to include response to alarms and dealing with emergency call contacts.
- Must complete training on the operation of the FDA’s Incident Management and Communications System (ReadyOp).
- Must complete training on the operation of the Bosch Video Management System (BVMS).
- Employee must maintain current active status of all required Certificates and Company training at all times.
SECRET Level Required
- Must have a current US Government SECRET Personnel Security Clearance or be able to successfully complete a U.S. government administered Investigation.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must also be able to maintain a US Government SECRET clearance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully peorm the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to peorm the essential functions.
While peorming the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and /or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operated vehicles and office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and distance vision.
No travel is anticipated under this contract. Any travel costs incurred by the contractor within the Washington/Baltimore Metro Area will be considered local travel and will not be reimbursed.
General security operations center environment. The primary place of peormance is The FDA Security Command Center on the White Oak Campus. Food, drinks, iPods, and cell phones are strictly prohibited inside the White Oak Command Center Area. In order to avoid a conflict of interest at any time during the contract period, Command Center employees are not permitted to be employed at the FDA or a Federal employee for any agency within the U.S. Government.
- Subsidiary: Olgoonik Solutions, LLC
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- Requisition Nbr: 2013144
Olgoonik is an Equal Opportunity Employer - EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Olgoonik is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status. As an Alaska Native Corporation, Olgoonik provides hiring preference to Olgoonik shareholders, descendants, and their spouses to the extent allowed by law.