North Olympic Healthcare Network is seeking a General Dentist in a community health center dental practice. This position will provide a wide range of oral health services and treatments to patients of all ages. This position will work in conjunction with other dental providers and staff to ensure all patients receive effective, efficient and optimal dental care, while also creating and exemplifying an environment for a superior patient experience.
- Diagnose and provide appropriate dental treatment plans to patients to include discussion and explanation of treatment plans with parents and/or guardians to their satisfaction and understanding
- Providing emergency dental care when needed
- Educate patients, parents and/or guardians on the importance of maintaining proper oral health
- Communicate with clinical and administrative support team regarding patient treatment plans, required follow up visits and referrals to specialty dentists
- Administer local anesthesia in appropriate amounts to patients to control pain during dental procedures
- Prescribe medications necessary and appropriate
- Administer local anesthesia for pain control during dental procedures when appropriate
- Carefully document all medications, diagnoses, consultations, treatment plans, etc. into the electronic dental record and adhere to HIPAA regulations
- Attend required continuing education courses related to the dental profession
- Practice and fallow infection control and OSHA regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Uphold the mission, values, and principles of the organization
- Collaborate when needed with other providers both internal and external as part of a patient care team model
Education, Qualifications and Key Skills
- DDS or DMD required
- Active Washington State license to practice dentistry
- Active DEA license
- Current BLS certification
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent chair side manner
- Comfort working with patients from diverse cultures, backgrounds, lifestyles and experiences
- Strong interest and commitment to the mission and vision of an FQHC
- Sitting, standing and walking approximately 80% of the time.
- Bending and reaching approximately 20% of the time.
- Normal accessibility and mobility throughout the region required.
- Normal overtime/extended work hours.
- Normal ambulatory health center working environment.
- Requires good verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking, bending, pushing and pulling) and lift to a maximum of 50 pounds without assistance.
North Olympic Healthcare Network is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic, or veteran status.