Network Engineer II – Managed Wi-Fi
****Remote work available for qualified candidates.****
Performing planning, forecasting, implementation, and identification of resource requirements for wireless network systems of high complexity. Designs, develops and implements wireless network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement. Responsible for implementation of wireless network architecture and designs.
- The Network Engineer will be working with Externetworks on configuring, deploying Cisco, Meraki routing, switching and WLAN equipment at various sites for new circuits.
- Working with various clients including turning up broadband circuits and upgrading routing/switching and wireless equipment from various vendors at different locations throughout United States.
- Consulting on a Ruckus Wireless solution. Designing and implementing a Ruckus Wireless solution using Ruckus Unleashed R510 APs.
- Participates in wireless network planning, wireless network architecture design and engineering. Integrates and schematically depicts communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete wireless network configurations.
- Evaluates new products, performs wireless network problem resolution. Develops and implements approved methods of procedure.
- Designs, develops and implements wireless network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement.
- 3 or more yeats of Data Networking experience
- In-depth data networking knowledge with transmission control protocol/internet protocol (TCP/IP), the open systems interconnection (OSI) model and optical transport
- Advanced knowledge of network design, devices, appliances, architecture, protocols and topology
- Proven capability to perform advanced routing for a managed Wi-Fi solution
- Proficient knowledge of related wireless industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, 802.11 variants, Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and protocols.
- Proficient knowledge in wireless network design, wireless network architecture, protocols and wireless network topology. Proficient knowledge of basic wireless network devices and basic wireless network appliances.
- Proficient knowledge of wireless network designing software, such as Visio and knowledge of Microsoft Office. Education- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience. Related Work Experience 5+ Wireless network experience.
Cisco Certified Wireless Network Professional (CCNP), Wireless industry and vendor specific training (Cisco, Ariss, Ruckus, etc.)