The Network Developer I is familiar with testing and execution of software applications, scripts and service templates in a Network Automation Environment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Must be able to read, understand, and document existing automated solutions and scripts to provide quality assurance.
- Understand the development of micro services, APIs, service templates that define the services (Fiber Internet Access, ELine, etc.) that we provide to our customers. Review and check in code to our GIT source control repositories.
- Deploy code to the development, QA, Staging and Production servers using our continuous integration and deployment pipeline platform. Test new services are functioning as expected using our testing framework, and add new test cases to the test suite to continuously improve our quality assurance bar.
- Able to work in an Agile programming environment, and therefore it’s required to understand Agile sprints, standups, retrospectives, and planning sessions.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Demonstrated ability to manage and execute on multiple, critical projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and professional communication skills
- Understanding of Ethernet, IP and TDM based networks and architectures
- Understanding of routing protocols, network topologies and Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) Technical Specifications, command line interface
- Experience with scaled agile framework, roles, and philosophy
- Understanding of software lifecycle and industry best practices for software development
- Must be customer focused and service oriented
- Strong business planning and forecasting skills
- Strong analytic, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Ability to analyze data and develop and present data driven report
- Software development skills needed: Python, Git Source Control, Jenkins CI/CD, SQL, Web Services, MuleSoft, Docker,
- Network engineering skills needed: MEF CECP / MEF NF/ MEF SDN-NFV, CCIE/JNCIS, ONF SDN Associate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience or equivalent combination of education and experience