Direct Line is a high growth global technology services company with primary focus in providing design, integration, installation, maintenance and managed services to well-known data centers and technology companies. Direct Line is backed by private equity firm and headquartered in Fremont, California with additional locations in US, Asia-Pacific and Europe. We are looking for a highly energetic, result oriented, passionate, and hands-on Superintendent with a desire to join a growing team. The person should be self-starter, adaptable with attentive to detail and able to work with minimal supervision.
The Superintendent position will manage and control labor assignment on projects, including overseeing field operations, site safety working with HR, productivity, schedule, quality work, trade contractor and supplier coordination, and work in conjunction with the Project Manager leading the project team.
The incumbent is responsible for overall execution and implementation of the human and resources aspect of a project. The incumbent’s responsibilities include work force planning and scheduling, resource dissemination and coordination, review hours worked for accountability, and maintenance of safety standards while providing technical direction to technicians, ensuring compliance with quality standards, and having a strong understanding of the union contract.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical expertise throughout the Pre-Construction process.
- Participate in the Constructability review.
- Assist in the Pre-Construction schedule.
- May be involved in providing input in the pre-bid process.
- Oversees and schedules all manpower across assigned projects.
- Follows and administers union contract regarding lay-offs and recalls.
- Maintain the process of having leads report work hours daily.
- Follow-up on late reporting of all timecards
- Holds team members accountable for the maintenance and upkeep of Direct Line fleet vehicles and equipment.
- Manage all existing tools and new tool order.
- Work with each lead to make sure all left over materials will be return at the shop so RMA can be created ASAP.
- Coordinate all service work with PM, customer, and technicians; Make sure all materials are ready before all work can be schedule.
- Work with PM on man loading scheduling, budget hours and materials staging.
- Maintain inventory and availability of uniforms, safety gear and other misc. materials at the shop always.
- Maintaining regular site visits.
- Keeps knowledgeable about the full project scope.
- Communicate work order changes to PM.
- Ensure job safety requirements are understood and implemented by all project personnel and trade contractors, working with the safety support personnel as a resource.
- Continually strives for Zero Injury on all projects.
- Support and manage Leads with on-site safety meetings.
- May need to review the trade contractor’s safety program and MSDS information in the trade contractor start-up meeting.
- Watch for and correct all safety hazards at the jobsite. Report all safety incidents to safety personnel.
- May review the plans and specifications for constructability and construction schedules and advise the project team of issues or deficiencies.
- Understand project specifications, scope of work and drawing packages.
- Understand project estimate and budget set-up.
- May offer feedback to PM assist in quantity takeoff and pricing estimates.
- Schedules and procures tools and equipment necessary for the project.
- Mentor and train other employees, as necessary.
- Post project activities e.g., testing, test results, and as build.
- Hold technician leads accountable for delivering and properly storing information for all test results and “as-built” information at the end of each project.
- Manage all test results and finalize at the end of each project with as build and folder.
- Participate in determining sequence and activity duration on schedules for proposed projects.
- Forecast manpower allocation for future work.
- Looks for potential project leads.
- Understand and communicate to all field personnel the goals regarding construction.
- Maintains positive relationships with the client throughout the project(s).
- 10 plus years related experience or equivalent role
- OHSA 30 certification
- Familiar with construction management software as needed.
- Proficient with Microsoft office.
- AutoCAD, a plus for use with scheduling, spreadsheets, and cost control
- Proficient in understanding building plans and specifications
- Team player with field supervision, project management and company administration
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good understanding of building systems.
- Thorough knowledge of legal issues and safety standards is essential.
- Ability to plan and organize a team effort.
- Good client management and goodwill building ability.
- Capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of the teams.
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
- Capacity to handle pressure.
- Willingness to travel extensively across the construction sites.
- Strong focus on quality and safety.
- Ability to remain calm, focused and effective under time pressure situations.
- Self-starter with ability to set goals and tasks with strong leadership skills