The Network Engineer must have DWDM expertise. With minimal oversight, develops and applies advanced engineering techniques, concepts and approaches to unique engineering problems. The Network Engineer will be responsible for new build and migrations, SONET/OTN Migrations, Routers MPLS as well as Optical Transport assessment, planning, design and implementation for clients.
Key duties include:
- Candidate must be a self-starter and able to work with minimum supervision
- The Network Engineer activities include New Build and Migrations (ALU, Cisco, Juniper).
- SONET/OTN Migrations (Cisco, CIENA, Nokia) Platforms
- May be responsible for three or more optical transport technologies such as TDM (DS0/T1/T3), SONET, Packet Transport and Optical Transport Network (DWDM/OTN)
- Design transport networks consisting of DWDM, CWDM, SONET and Packet Ethernet architectures.
- Work with other internal departments and customer engineering to resolve outstanding design issues.
- May offer technical advisory and consulting services to the client
- Communicating directly with clients (sometimes non-technical clients) to identify current and future communication needs
- Translating business requirements to technical network design specifications for implementation
- Assesses industry standards for models, and where appropriate, incorporates them into our network design best practices
- Responsible for developing and adhering to all engineering/quality processes and procedures
- Ability to gather audit information, interpret and formulate network design documents
- Work hand-in-hand with project management on technical issues
- Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts
- Juniper MX-960
- Cisco ASR 9912
- Cisco 2015 (OTN)
- Cisco (ISR4331/K9)
- Ciena 6500
- Juniper QFX
- Network Engineer 2 or 3 equivalent.
- Experience with Juniper, Nokia, CISCO, Ciena equipment
- Ability to receive complex work packages via workflow tool, interpret the request, execute the tasks to include
- Verification of design to the network
- Confirmation of material ordered to satisfy the work request
- Confirmation of physical network to design to satisfy work request.
- Work with other teams to coordinate and complete the work request
- Complete accurate impact statements and build Change Request that includes a detailed MOP.
- Provisioning of various network elements in order to satisfy the work request.
- Execute complex migration activity or equipment commissioning in a maintenance window to satisfy work request.
- Experience with routing protocols, transport systems, provisioning and troubleshoot above noted equipment with various common service configurations.
- Ability to self-manage multiple tasks simultaneously across various job assignments.
- Ability to maintain accurate ticket status
- Team player
- Ability to execute above work on live customer circuits with skillset to avoid workman caused outages.
- DWDM / CWDM design experience
- SONET Design experience
- Transport and Optical Transport Network (DWDM/OTN)
- Strong on documentation and processes
- Knowledge of Transport/Packet/TDM networks
Remote with initial training in Charlotte