Direct Line is a high growth global technology services company with primary focus in providing design, integration, installation, maintenance and managed services to well-known data centers and technology companies. Direct Line is backed by private equity firm and headquartered in Fremont, California with additional locations in US, Asia-Pacific and Europe. We are looking for a highly energetic, result oriented, passionate, and hands-on Project Manager with a desire to join a growing team. The person should be self-starter, adaptable with attention to detail and able to work with minimal supervision.
The Project Manager (PM) will be a leading member of our operations team and will drive the delivery of all the various network infrastructure and cabling projects within a particular site. This position will require the individual to have development, management, customer engagement, operational and overall leadership skills.
Key responsibilities will include establishing the program schedule and ensuring the established targets are met regarding schedule, cost, functionality, quality, safety, and customer satisfaction.
The role will also include consulting with clients, delivering presentations, resolving project issues, recommendations for new services or enhancements, estimating, proposal writing, project costs management, directing operations on labor requirements, directing/assisting purchasing with bill of materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- The project manager is accountable for effective project management and delivery of network infrastructure and ISP/OSP cabling projects. He or she will work with the extended site team to develop the program schedule and establish key milestones for delivery of the program ensuring all financial targets, schedule targets are met in alignment to the customer’s goals. The PM will identify and acquire all resources required revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- The Project Manager reviews all job cost postings for accuracy and completeness, including but not limited to, the preparation of invoices, customer collections and periodic financial reporting to the customer and management.
- The PM will additionally manage all associated aspects of the program, including the Safety & Environment program, the quality assurance program and material logistics.
- The Project Manager will recruit, hire, train, manage, supervise, promote, discipline and discharge, if necessary, all project related staff.
- The Project Manager will manage all human resource issues (and escalate as needed) per Company policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and partner effectively with internal and external design, construction, network, and facility partners.
- Proactively communicate program status and risks to all stakeholders
- Prepare and take corrective action to address concerns.
- The Project Manager acts as the Company liaison to the client for the program maintaining a high level of client satisfaction, ensuring a collaborative environment across all parties.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business management, electrical engineering, construction management or similar experience.
- 10 + years of direct work experience in any of these areas: construction management, data centers, or structured cabling environment.
- Track record of delivering mission critical programs on time, within budget, and to applicable build, quality, and safety standards.
- Contract negotiation and administration experience
- Experience building and leading teams.
- Experience in assessing, coaching, and mentoring direct reports and vendor teams.
- Organizational, time management and coordination skills across multiple disciplines preferred.
- Client Engagement experience in similar programs
- Understanding of program management fundamentals such as earned value management, SPI, CPI and other project tracking metrics.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification preferred
- BICSI RCDD or similar Telecommunications certifications preferred