Under general supervision, the Network Engineer II will assist with multiple projects including routing and switching, network equipment and a previously vendor managed Wi-Fi product. This individual will also play a key part in the life cycle management of all the managed services equipment.
- All the standard routine maintenance function, preventative maintenance, recreate mops and implement any of those changes as projects
- Device integration back up to make sure all of the systems are communicating effectively
- Life Cycle Management of all the managed services equipment
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Participates in network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Evaluate new/existing products, performs network problem resolution.
- Assists in the development and documentation of technical standards.
- Implements approved methods of procedure.
- Implements and assists in designing protocol compatibility standards, develops and implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Works on projects/systems/issues of medium to high complexity surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
- Provides tier support across organizations.
- Works on one or more projects as a project team member.
- Adheres to industry-specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- 3+ years for relevant experience
- Working knowledge of Cisco, Meraki and/or Fortinet
- Some voice device experience (Audio codes / Edge) a plus but not required
- Data over Wi-Fi experience
- Data networking knowledge (OSI Model, TCP/IP)
- Previous experience creating MOP’s
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Intermediate knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
- knowledge of basic network devices and basic network appliances
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly