Optical Network Operations Engineer 3
· 3+ years of experience in Optical Transport deployment.
· Experience with an optical network provider, or vendor acting in an operations or engineering role. Experience in building optical networking infrastructure and/or optical networking equipment/systems. Preferred
· 3+ years of experience with the operation, administration, and maintenance of Optical transport networks. Primary equipment includes Nokia PSS, CISCO NCS2015, Ciena 6500
· Design, build, configure, and manage the installation of the Spectrum Enterprise optical network including infrastructure, hardware setup, commissioning, trouble-shooting, and decommissioning old gear as we're in a constant upgrade cycle
· Ability to receive complex work packages/network designs via workflow tool, interpret the request, execute the tasks to include
o Verification of design to the network
o Confirmation of material ordered to satisfy the work request
o Confirmation of physical network to design to satisfy work request.
o Work with other teams to coordinate and complete the work request
o Complete accurate impact statements and build Change Request that include a detailed MOP.
o Full deployment and Provisioning of various network optical elements and/or services in order to satisfy the work request.
o Execute scheduled maintenance window activities as necessary to complete network maintenance, augments, optimizations, or troubleshooting
· Experience with routing protocols, optical transport systems, provisioning and troubleshoot above noted equipment with various common service configurations.
· Provide Tier II technical support for Provisioning, ENOC, and Operations personnel
· Ability to self-manage multiple tasks simultaneously across various job assignments.
· Ability to maintain accurate ticket status
· Able to work in a fast-paced environment, under pressure, with strict deadlines, both as an individual contributor and team player
· In this position, a person must perform these functions independently under general directions with a wide degree of creativity and latitude required
· Ability to execute above work on live customer circuits with skillset to avoid workman caused outages.
· Ability to work in a 24/7 on-call rotation as needed to support trouble tickets and break/fix
· Strong familiarity with OTN, SONET, DWDM