Software Engineer 4
Embark on a dynamic career at one of the nation’s leading energy providers as a Software Engineer, where your code doesn't just power systems but propels us into a sustainable energy future. Join a team that thrives on innovation, as we harness cutting-edge technologies to shape the next generation of energy solutions and leave an indelible mark on the landscape of progress.
If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply directly on our website! No C2C. W2 Only.
· Languages: Python (MUST)
· AWS (MUST) - s3, DynamoDB (or equivalent noSQL), API gateway (REST API), Batch(optional), EC2, Glue, Lake Formation,
· Electrical Engineering background or Utility experience
· Other Technologies: Kafka/messaging, Kubernetes
· DevOps/CICD: Bitbucket (this is a MUST - but can be an equivalent eg. Github/Gitlab), Concourse (desired or Jenkins)
· Strong in Test Driven Development
Individuals with this role are required to:
· Design and build highly complex software solutions using agile/XP/TDD.
· Lead a team in programing well-designed, efficient code independently.
· Collaborate with designers, developers, and product owners to build cloud native software solutions targeting PCF, Azure, AWS, mobile iOS/Android, etc.
· Clearly communicate team wide progress and identify blocking processes/patterns that hold a team back.
· Participate in paired programming and code reviews with mentees to expand the team’s collective knowledge and understanding of software engineering.
· Complete independent research to refine best practices and present work to peers. Lead Software Engineers must possess:
· A breadth of experience building software solutions (through a strong mix of independent research/projects and industry expertise).
· 7-9 years’ previous experience in software development. (Either 9 years of experience specifically in software development or seven years of experience in software development in combination with 2 years alternative experience in a related field).
· Ideally has a portfolio of work – code samples, etc.
· Significant familiarity and comfort in using IDEs. Knows short-cuts and frequents operations that speeds up development time.
· Deep and solid understanding of APIs. Have been involved in designing/building/implementing APIs.
· Considered an expert of cloud-native software engineering best practices.
· Familiarity with a several frameworks. Resulting code is concise and easy-to-follow.
· Ability to build a custom framework (when necessary).
· Experience with automation and optimization. Looks for ways to create repeatable patterns that increase the efficiency of the team.
· Experience and ability to manage and optimize databases.
· Understanding of functional programming and how to apply functional concepts in any language. Quick to picking up a new language or adopting a more recent version of a language.
· Familiarity and ability to comfortably work with multiple platforms.
· Deep experience turning complex ideas into workable solutions.
· Previous experience collaborating on a cross-functional team.
· Experience acting as a strong instructor for team members.
· Experience building solutions with the larger team in mind. Solutions have the goal of improving software engineering at the team level.
· Experience with teaching and mentoring team members at various levels.
· Expertise and ability to rapidly make decisions for the team.
· In depth experience working with multiple CI/CD stacks. Guides product teams on the setup of CI/CD for new products and coaches organization on DevOps best practices. Leads the evaluation and selection/development of new CI/CD tools and processes.
· Turn complex ideas into manageable pieces of work to complete as part of a product team.
· Coach and mentor software developers.
· Provide technical guidance to leadership so that solutions are built with innovation and sustainability in mind.
· Learn the business drivers of a product and help drive the technical direction of a product to fulfill the desired vision.
· Recommend and implement best practices and innovative solutions to drive digital transformation in the organization.