Sr Design and Implementation Engineer – Wireless and Radio Systems
Exciting opportunity to work with one of the Leading Energy Providers in the Industry to modernize and support their communication systems. This is a long term engagement with the opportunity to convert to a full time with our Client.
The right candidate must have the experience to design, order, and troubleshoot these types of systems.
GE Orbit systems
Other Qualifications and Duties
- In lieu of a degree, a minimum of 10 years of radio experience.
- Individual should have deep knowledge and well-developed technical expertise in Radio Communication.
- These services include, but are not limited to Synchronous Optical Networking (SONET), Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM), Optical Transport Network (OTN), Local Area Networks (LAN), Voice Over IP (VOIP), Land Mobile Radio, Microwave Packet Radio and a variety of other hardware and software solutions.
- Experience with FCC licensing request, prerequisites, and processes.
- Experience with RF modeling tools and analyzing results.
- Experience with distributed antenna systems.
- Experience with sweep testing and analyzing results.
- Experience with intermodular frequency studies and analyzing results.
- Experience requesting tower structural analysis and analyzing results.
- Possess a good understanding of FCC tower registration and permitting requirements.
- Proficient with Microsoft family of applications including Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook, and Teams.
- NERC-CIP certification is preferred
- Ability to be NERC-CIP certified and maintain the NERC-CIP access over time.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university plus a minimum of five years of experience in Radio Engineering.
- Some local travel for site walks/installs - Typically these are not overnight trips. Travel to sites other than main Raleigh location is mileage reimbursable.
Raleigh, NC – LOCAL APPLICANTS ONLY – hybrid 2-3 days onsite
12 Month Contract to hire
Compensation is negotiable based on experience