In collaboration with the Service Line Director and unit Manager, the RN Clinical Coordinator is responsible for the daily departmental operations. Provides shift supervision and day to day management of clinical nursing practice, patient care delivery, human, fiscal and other resources, development of personnel, compliance with regulatory and professional standards, issue resolution and fostering interdisciplinary collaborative relationships within the Department and the organization as a whole. Coordinates and maintains balanced schedules of hospital nursing staff according to patient acuity. As a resource, provides clinical expertise to clinical staff as well as acts as a liaison between staff and family members. Consistently models excellence in patient care and service excellence and contributes to unit leadership at a high level of proficiency.
Licensure and Certification:
- Current California RN License
- Current BLS provider card
- National Certification in clinical area of expertise preferred
- AA degree, Bachelor’s/Master’s preferred
- Member in professional organization preferred
- Three (3) years current acute care nursing experience.
- One (1) year progressive charge nurse experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent intradepartmental communication skills and interaction with patients and their families; hospital and medical staff.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective two way communication skills (listening and speaking); strong interpersonal skills with staff, physicians, patients and their significant others.
- Strong leadership and critical reasoning skills in clinical decision-making, planning and organizing, initiative and ingenuity, creativity, independent decision-making, problem solving, and ability to interpret data.
- Ability to work effectively with physicians and multidisciplinary teams toward achieving a common goal in accordance with established timelines