Gromelski and Associates, Inc. (GAI) partners with prime contractors to provide professional services. Key service areas include Engineering Design and Documentation; Software Development and Testing; System Integration, Testing and Evaluation; Lab Management and Field Installation; Integrated Logistics Support, Training Development and Delivery, Multimedia Support, and Technical System Support.
Performs network design, development, and troubleshooting, as well as system performance analysis and design.
Network Engineer Required Tasks:
- Responsible for network monitoring and maintenance, configuration management, network support and problem resolution, system performance analysis and evaluation, performance metrics analysis, and failure analysis on a program.
- Interfaces with customers, developers, and support programs to ensure optimal flow of communications between subsystems.
- Expected to significantly contribute to the design and planning of network communications systems to include specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture on multiple programs.
- Perform evaluation and make recommendations on network hardware and software selections, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet tactical programmatic needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Conduct performance and failover testing of network devices and their impact to system stability.
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware/software interconnection and interfaces – such as firewalls, routers, switches, gateways, middleware, etc. and all OSI layer 1/2/3/4 functionality involved.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies to enhance capabilities of the network system performance and monitoring.
Network Engineer Required Skills:
- Network Integration experience for a variety of network protocol standards
- Experience analyzing VLANs, spanning-tree, routing (static and dynamically implemented protocols), ACLs, IP addressing and subnetting
- Knowledge of packet analysis tools such as Wireshark or Sniffers
Network Engineer Desired Skills:
Network development and integration experience for a variety of network protocol standards including:
- TCP/IP, HSRP/VRRP, RIP, OSPF, BGP, RSTP (802.1w), MSTP (802.1s), DHCP, 802.1q tagging, multicast, PAgP or LACP (EtherChannel), QoS and Active-Active technologies (vPC and IRF)
- Strong network troubleshooting and problem identification
- Familiarity with network device vendors such as Cisco, HP and Arista. Excellent technical, interpersonal, presentation, and problem management skills
- Familiarity with 1/10/25/40/100 Gig protocols, serial and satellite links, cable standards, and optical specifications/requirements.
- Familiarity with Linux, SNMP, Python and Bash is a plus
- Knowledge of TCP/UDP protocol packet format desirable
- Knowledge of Software Define Networking using OVS is a plus
- Knowledge of VxLAN is a plus
Network Engineer Additional Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 3 or more years of professional experience.
- Strong communication skills
- A DoD Secret level clearance is required to start.
Contract Term: Full-Time Employee, 40 hours/week
Job Location: Manassas, VA.
Start Date: Negotiable
Gromelski & Associates is a proud Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, genetic information, age, or any other basis protected by law ordinance, or regulation.