C++ Software Developer
Gromelski and Associates, Inc. (GAI) partners with prime contractors to provide professional services. Key service areas include Engineering Design and Documentation; Software Development and Testing; System Integration, Testing and Evaluation; Lab Management and Field Installation; Integrated Logistics Support, Training Development and Delivery, Multimedia Support, and Technical System Support.
C++ Software Developer creates solutions to complex problems with the end user/client in mind. The ideal candidate has gained experience with the full software development lifecycle in an object-oriented analysis and design environment. The Developer will be responsible for performing system software development tasks and activities to include:
- Develops C++ software programs for complex military and space systems
- Installs and tests new and legacy developed software enhancement and improvement packages
- Isolates system operational performance deficiencies related software, tests, debugs, and modifies custom software applications
- Resolves software and hardware compatibility and operability issues
- Supports software integration activities
- Work with cross-functional engineering teams in conducting system/software analysis and design
- Success in this position requires an assertive, confident attitude and a commitment to working as a part of a team to meet critical delivery schedules.
- Candidate must be to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret level security clearance and must have the clearance to begin work.
C++ Software Developer Required Skills:
- Ability to use and code in LINUX/UNIX proficiently.
- Basic commands
- Scripting (bash, python, etc.)
- Experience with Sysvinit and Systemd
- Experience with modifying kernel settings, ulimits, etc.
- Experience with real-time operating system
- Develop custom C++ software code, debugs, troubleshoots, and resolves software and hardware compatibility and operability issues
- Use data structures, software engineering, OOD, C++ programing techniques and algorithms to write, debug and test code
- Performs software integration in a laboratory environment
- Follows and executes procedures - installation, recovery, checkout, test, etc.
- Follows direction of software development team leads
C++ Software Developer Highly Desirable Skills:
- Experience with virtualization platforms and development tools
- Strong Debugging skills
- Dmesg, Ispci, Isof, netstat, etc.
- Ability to rotate from code developer into the integration role when needed.
- System-level & architecture concepts
- Basic networking (UDP/TCP, interface management, sub-interfaces, etc.)
- NTP and time distribution
- DHCP and IP distribution
- NFS and filesystem distribution
- Version control & Automation experience
- Basic concepts of branching and merging
- git / gerrit / Jenkins
- Java experience is a plus
C++ Software Developer Additional Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent experience and three to five year’s professional experience
- Willingness to work overtime and off shift when dictated to support business needs.
- Task driven with ability to work independently
- Team player that takes ownership and develops relationships with the team members which fosters team success
- May require minimal travel
- Must have DoD Secret clearance before beginning work
Contract Term: Full-Time Employee, 40 hours/week
Start Date: Negotiable
Gromelski and Associates is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.