Math & Reading Interventionist
To create a rigorous intervention program for students who have been identified as requiring math and reading interventions for struggling students, Tier II and Tier III interventions, and to support universal screenings, data entry, and data teams.
- Provide small group reading or math interventions for students identified as needing math, and/or Tier II/Tier III support.
- Work collaboratively with classroom teachers, the other interventionist, and special educators to design and implement an effective intervention program
- Monitor and track student progress
- Help administer diagnostic assessments, progress monitor and enter progress monitoring data as needed
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- K-12 teaching experience
- Strong knowledge of research-based math and literacy intervention strategies
Qualifications, Competencies & Strengths:
- Experience teaching in a K-12 setting
- Experience with Guided Reading, Benchmark assessments, progress monitoring and small group adult led instruction required
- Experience with Singapore Math program strongly preferred
- Training in Spalding Phonics and other reading intervention programs a great bonus
- Able to collaborate with many teachers, coaches, and administrators
- Able to manage a flexible schedule and work with students in K-12 in reading, writing, math and sometimes social skill development as necessary
- Applicants must be able to pass a background check
- Must possess or obtain valid Arizona Department of Public Safety IVP fingerprint clearance card.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not exclude or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Great Hearts Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.