POSITION: Assistant Teacher Young Hearts Preschool
LOCATION: Buckeye, AZ
REPORTS TO: School Director of Young Hearts Preschool
FLSA STATUS: Hourly Wage $13.50 - $15
The Assistant Teacher at Young Hearts Preschool will report to the School Director. The Assistant Teacher will assist the Lead Teacher with students assigned to the Lead Teacher in the areas of education, supervision, assessment, and parent communication.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Follow quality assurance measures to maintain excellence of program offerings, operations, and state licensure.
· Work with Lead Teacher to achieve and maintain NAEYC accreditation.
· Maintain regular communications with Lead Teacher, School Director, and Assistant Director.
· Escalate incident reports to the School Director
· Partner to maintain a safe environment.
· Adhere to Great Hearts/Young Hearts policies, procedures, and business initiatives.
· Attend monthly meetings.
· Cultivate and maintain relationships with students, parents, co-workers, and academy staff.
· Additional duties and projects as assigned.
Qualifications, Competencies & Strengths
Education: CDA, Associates Degree or higher preferred
Experience: 6 months to 1 years’ experience working in a licensed preschool program.
· Exemplifies heart of service to others.
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
· Models mission and vision of Great Hearts and Young Hearts.
· Illustrates sound business judgement and strategic thinking including, but not limited to data analysis.
· Self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
· Must be 18 years of age
· Must possess or obtain a valid Arizona Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Clearance Card
· Must have a negative TB test
· Must meet the qualifications of a teacher in accordance with the Arizona Department of Health Services, Bureau of Child Care Licensing
· Will be required to obtain CPR/First Aid certification upon hire.
Physical functions: Requires but is not limited to standing, sitting, repetitious hand and body movements, bending, squatting, and reaching. May be required to move or position equipment up to 40 pounds approximately.
Travel required: May need to travel locally to the Lead Office or other Great Hearts locations in Arizona
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not exclude or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Great Hearts Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.