POSITION: Business Clerk
CURRENT LOCATION OPENINGS: Great Hearts Live Oak
REPORTS TO: Director of Campus Operations
- Manages both campuses budgets to be 100% on track with their targets
- Report budget updates weekly to the Director of Campus Operations and Headmasters
- Partners with the Home Office Finance team and attends necessary training
Procurement Best Practices
- Process all purchase orders within 30 days
- Reconciles campuses credit cards each month
- Manages the relationship with the third-party vendor and advises purchase orders.
- Assist the Director of Campus Operations with staff training as needed
100% of Capital Asset Items Tagged and Tracked
- Ensures every item over $1,000 has an asset tag
- Receives all materials, supplies and deliveries as needed.
- Partners with our Information Technology department to ensure computers have asset tags.
Manages Campus Based Bank Accounts
- Setup, train, and monitor all campus-based bank accounts in conjunction with the campus leadership team.
- Deposit cash to the bank as needed.
- Assist the Director of Campus Operations with beginning of the year staff training.
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students can get to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
Qualifications, Competencies & Strengths
HS diploma or GED required .
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: 1-2 years of experience. preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) skills, experience using Adobe Acrobat .
- Superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills; oriented towards detail, thoroughness, and accuracy.
- Experienced and comfortable interacting with individuals/groups at every level of the organization.
- Mission Focus – focuses on Great Hearts core purpose of truth, beauty & goodness.
- Record of Results – holds high expectations for self and others to achieve and surpass intended goals
- Problem Solving – able to synthesize, analyze, and prioritize data and opportunities to develop strategies for achieving quantifiable goals
- Communication – effectively conveys information using a variety of channels and techniques
- Continuous Improvement – proactively identifies opportunities to improve and consistently reflects on past actions to guide future decisions
Type of fingerprint clearance: Must be able to pass the Texas DPS fingerprint clearance.
Physical functions: Requires but is not limited to standing, sitting, repetitious hand and body movements, bending, squatting, and reaching. May be required to move or position equipment up to 15 pounds approximately.
Travel required: May need to travel to the various academies within the San Antonio area.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not exclude or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Great Hearts Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.