Position Description

(2022-2023) Texas - Registrar / Student Information Specialist, Forest Heights
Location GH Texas
Job Category Academy - Support Staff (Office Manager, School Nurse, Librarian, etc.)
Apply Now


POSITION: Registrar/(SIS) System information Specialist

Location: Great Forest Heights, San Antonio, TX                                                

REPORTS TO: Director of Campus Operations                          

FLSA STATUS: Full time, Non-Exempt

Position Summary:  The mission for the Registrar/SIS is to manage and maintain the integrity and accuracy of the student information pipeline to and through the student data lifecycle (application to graduation).

Company Description:  Great Hearts Academies is a non-profit charter management organization (CMO) that operates classical, preparatory, K-12 public charter schools.  Our academies cultivate the minds and hearts of students through the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty.  We currently serve over 21,000 students across in both Texas and Arizona, and we expect that number to grow to thousands more. Additional information can be found at www.greatheartsamerica.org/careers.


1. 97.50% ADA (Avg. Daily Attendance) for Campus

  • Owns the attendance process for the campus’ students
  • Works with students, staff and parents to ensure students attend school every day
  • Communicates attendance reporting to staff, including: Chronic absenteeism, Progress Towards Goal by Day, Absence calculator
  • Documents all attendance changes and corrects attendance data within 24 hours
  • Ensure teacher attendance submission is in line with official attendance taking time
  • Ensures all paper rosters are signed and dated (if applicable)
  • Ensures all attendance report submissions are submitted on time

2. 100% Projected Enrollment for Campus

  • Paper attendance and student enrollment reconciliation processes solidified two weeks prior to school
  • Enrollment goal is consistently hit every week after the first week of school

3. 100% of Student Records received by the First Week of School (FWOS)

  • Student records are requested timely from other districts
  • All records requests fulfilled within 10 days
  • All PEIMS deadlines are met based on the SIS operating calendar
  • Increase awareness and provide consistent communication with all key stakeholders (PEIMS Data Quality Team, Academic Counselor, ESL Coordinator, 504 Coordinator, SPED Clerk/Teachers, Cafeteria Mgr.)
  • 25% of cumulative folders completed by September, 50% by October, and 75% by November
  • Grade Verification, Re-registration, End of Year tasks, PET/PID, School and Section Enrollment Audits, Transcripts are completed timely and accurately

4. 100% of Existing Students Registered by May 1

  • Works closely with parents and business partners to ensure that parents are able to re-register through appropriate channels

5. Campus safe and operational one week before the first day of school

  • Create paper rosters for the official attendance taking period (OATP)
  • Verify enrollment numbers prior to the daily enrollment call
  • If enrollment numbers are not met, create a plan to address the gap


  • Education: BA preferred; HS diploma or GED required
  • Experience: Experience with records or student information desired


Great Hearts Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer

Back Apply Now