POSITION: Enrollment and Communications Manager (ECM)
LOCATION: Remote, Arizona or Texas
DEPARTMENT: Great Hearts Nova
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Growth
FLSA: Exempt, $50,000 starting annual salary
Great Hearts is a nonprofit network of public charter schools dedicated to improving education
nationwide through classical preparatory K–12 academies. A Great Hearts education prepares
students to be more than just proficient test takers; rather, it prepares them to become
great-hearted and virtuous leaders capable of success throughout their lives. With a curriculum
built upon a character-centered, classical liberal arts tradition, Great Hearts cultivates the hearts
and minds of students through the pursuit of Truth, Goodness, and Beauty. Great Hearts serves
over 20,000 students in both Texas and Arizona. Great Hearts Nova, from the Latin novus, is a
new Great Hearts entity designing, building, growing and scaling new educational models.
● January 2021: Great Hearts Online launched across Texas serving approximately 500
● August 2021: Great Hearts Online scaled to a public charter school in Arizona, serving
over 600 students and a private school in Texas serving over 100 students.
● October 2021: Great Hearts Online in Texas closed as a private school and relaunched
as a public charter with the passage of Texas Senate Bill 15.
● January 2022: Great Hearts Microschools launched as another, new educational model
steeped in the Great Hearts purpose and culture.
Great Hearts Nova is seeking a full time Enrollment and Communications Manager (ECM) to
shape and guide the enrollment and re-enrollment strategy for all Great Hearts Online
academies, and to manage communications related to enrollment, re-enrollment, and
recruitment efforts. This is a highly collaborative role within the Growth team, which includes
marketing and communications, and partners with multiple departments including academics,
operations, and network-wide team members. The right candidate prioritizes clear, proactive,
and meaningful communication; customer service; and building the applications funnel and
supporting families to register.
Duties and Responsibilities
The ECM will have roles and responsibilities aligned to the below, to realize a healthy work flow
internally, meeting the needs of interested families and identifying winning processes for them to
register, and continuously building the application funnel. The individual will need to balance
strategic thinking and planning with technical know-how and an orientation toward radical
● Leadership, Management and Training: The ECM will directly manage the AZ and TX
Enrollment Coordinators (currently two), which will include regular check-ins, training,
coaching, support and accountability.
● Outreach, Marketing and Communications: Manage communications for the whole
enrollment journey, keeping interested families engaged to day 1. Help to plan and host
virtual and in-person info sessions. Identify and be present for recruitment events.
Support social media work along with fellow Growth team members.
● Enrollment: Focus on, lead the work for, and realize strong enrollment goals for all Great
Hearts Online academies, both for the start of the school year and throughout. Know the
enrollment systems and support the registration process during peak times.
● Onboarding: Support the creation of onboarding activities and communications so
students and their families feel ready for day 1.
● Liaison: Build relationships with families to develop a robust online school community,
working in tandem with other GH Online team members also involved in this work,
especially operations, SPED and academic leadership teams. Build relationships with
fellow Great Hearts Nova and Great Hearts Online team members, as well as teams
from Great Hearts Texas, Great Hearts Arizona and Great Hearts America.
● Problem-Solver: Through relationships and in partnership with families, identify the major
roadblocks to family success; work with parents to realize the right conditions for their
scholar’s success and work with the academy to support parents in these endeavors
● Travel and Evening/Weekend Work: Availability for occasional travel and
evening/weekend work, for recruitment events, team gatherings, and peak work seasons
Qualifications, Competencies, and Strengths
● Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree; 5 or more years of related experience,
including 2 years of management experience
● Fluency with technology: email, excel formulas, google drive, customer tracking systems,
● Demonstrated success in relationship building and taking people from interest to all-in on
a product, service or idea
● Knowledge of and passion for Great Hearts’ classical liberal arts curriculum
● Acumen with social media platforms
● Entrepreneurial spirit; thrive in a fast-paced, remote work environment that is filled with
● Incredible interpersonal and conflict resolution communication skills, empathy, honesty,
and a strong orientation toward teamwork
● Competence in Canopy and/or Schoolmint is an asset
● Fluency in Spanish is an asset
● Fluency in Telugu is an asset
Type of clearance:
Must possess or obtain a valid Arizona Department of Public Safety fingerprint clearance card
and I9 clearance. Must possess or obtain a valid Texas Department of Public Safety fingerprint
clearance and background check.
Requires but is not limited to standing, sitting, repetitious hand and body
movements, bending, squatting, and reaching. May be required to move or position equipment
up to 50 pounds approximately.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not exclude or
restrict the additional tasks that may be assigned.
Great Hearts Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.