POSITION: Benefits Administrator
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
LOCATION: Great Hearts Phoenix Home Office
REPORTS TO: Benefits Manager
EEO Classification: Professionals
FLSA STATUS: Exempt $43K- $51k
The Human Resources Benefits Administrator is a hands-on representative of the Human Resources department whose job is to help facilitate administration of all employee benefits and leave of absences.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Administers various employee benefit programs, such as group insurance, life insurance, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, disability, 401k and paid time off.
- Provide benefit orientations, enrollments, claims processing and billings of insurance. Process benefit plan remittances, reports and other communications to outside providers; coordinate timely and accurate payment for all benefits programs to the benefit provider/carriers.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state laws including FMLA, HIPAA, ACA, CMS Reporting, and Form 5500 filing.
- Apply functional knowledge of current ERISA, IRS, ADA, DOL, COBRA and HIPAA regulations to ensure compliance of retirement and health plans.
- Update and/or calculate benefit deductions or additions in company payroll system.
- Verify the calculation of the monthly premium statements for all group insurance policies and maintains statistical data relative to premiums, claims, and costs. Resolve administrative problems with the carrier representatives.
- Evaluate, revise, and create internal processes to increase efficiency.
- Prepare and setup meetings designed to help employees obtain information and understand company benefits and other related incentive programs.
- Maintains reasonable communication with employees on leave to facilitate smooth and timely return to work; relays communication between employees and their managers during leave within reason.
- Strong conceptual and problem-solving skills to evaluate problems; to apply knowledge to identify appropriate solutions; and to resolve issues effectively and efficiently
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Competencies & Strengths
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Management
Experience: Minimum three (3) years of Benefits Administration experience and leave of absences.
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) skills, experience with Ultimate Software (Ulti Pro), Adobe Acrobat preferred.
- Knowledgeable of Federal and Arizona employment law.
- Knowledgeable of self-funding plan administration.
- Superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills; oriented towards detail, thoroughness, and accuracy.
- Experienced and comfortable interacting with individuals/groups at every level of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships with all stakeholders.
- Achievement-oriented, have a great deal of stamina to work hard and take satisfaction from being productive.
- Strong analytical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
Licenses or certifications
Licenses or certifications: PHR Certification preferred.
Type of fingerprint clearance: Shall be fingerprint checked pursuant to A.R.S. 15-512.
Physical functions: Must be able to remain in a stationary (standing or sitting) position for 75%-100% of the time.
Equipment used: Frequent computer use is expected.
Work Environment: May be required to move or position equipment up to 10-15 pounds.
- Must have the ability to travel locally to the various academies within the Phoenix metro area.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not exclude or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Great Hearts Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.