POSITION: Director of Academy Giving
LOCATION: Great Hearts Live Oak
REPORTS TO: Headmaster
FLSA STATUS: Exempt, Full-time (eligible for benefits)
ANNUAL SALARY RANGE: $44,000 – $55,000
The Direct of Academy Giving serves as the lead fundraiser dedicated to the development of individual and corporate matching funding resources for their K-12 school community. This individual implements the donor cycle in accordance and in compliance with the implementation of a predetermined Annual Campaign Strategic Plan. In close coordination and direction of the Great Hearts Texas Regional Development team and Great Hearts Foundation, reporting to the Headmasters, this position provides the following services:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementation of predetermined development strategies and successful completion of annual Community Investment campaigns.
- Participation in academy-based Capital Campaigns, as needed, including the direct ask of major gifts.
- Central liaison and leader to Headmasters for all campus development activities for the predetermined fundraising activities around Annual Campaigns.
- Provides weekly progress reports to the Headmasters and Great Hearts home office and attends and presents progress reports to various constituent groups such as the Academy Advisory Boards, Parent Service Organizations and others as needed.
- Attends required weekly status meetings with assigned Regional Annual Campaign Manager, Regional network-wide Development team meetings, training sessions offered by Zoom or in person.
- Participates in regional network-wide fundraising initiatives that directly benefit individual academies such as the Great Hearts Gala and/or like regional events.
- Schedules work time to align with school activity and other events before-and-after school where in person engagement for annual campaigns is required.
- Conducts fundraising in accordance with the Annual Strategic Plan deliverables and according to all Great Hearts Academies policies and procedures.
- Serve as a key public representative for the organization; including cultivating relationships with faculty, parents, community members, prospective donors, and volunteers in order to effectively communicate the mission and build a strong reputation for Great Hearts
- Adhere to the Donor Bill of Rights
Qualifications, Competencies, and Strengths:
- Education/Certification: Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience: Prior experience using database and Raiser’s edge software preferred; 2-3 years of success in a related role preferred.
- Commitment to the philosophy and mission of Great Hearts
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; oriented towards detail, thoroughness, and accuracy.
- Superior organization, communication, and computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Is resourceful, a self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to develop positive and professional relationships with team members at their academy and regional office and donor constituents
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- Strong Public Speaking skills
- Comfortable in a matrix reporting structure, reporting to one Headmaster with additional direction from the Senior Director of Advancement
- Spanish fluency preferred
- CFRE certification preferred
Type of fingerprint clearance: Must possess or obtain valid Arizona Department of Public Safety fingerprint clearance card.
Physical functions: Requires but is not limited to standing, sitting, repetitious hand and body movements, bending, squatting, and reaching. May be required to move or position equipment up to 15 pounds approximately.
Travel required: May need to travel locally to meet with academy families and attend school activities.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not exclude or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Great Hearts Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit an online application at www.greatheartsamerica.org