POSITION: Academy - PSO Accountant II
LOCATION: Indian Bend & Pima Road
REPORTS TO: Director of School Finance
FLSA STATUS: Exempt, Full-time ($45,000-$55,000; DOE)
The Academy – PSO Accountant II supports the Academies by verifying and entering all revenue and expense transactions for the Academies Parent Service Organizations. This position will be working hands on with several different PSO teams, establishing guidelines and procedures and implementing new controls.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review, code and enter all invoices.
- Review, code and approve all credit card transactions in Concur
- Enter all credit card transactions into Accounting System monthly.
- Gain proficiency with store front tool (Configio) and provide support for PSO staff.
- Maintain and prepare any necessary entries for all balance sheet accounts.
- Reconcile the bank account monthly.
- Responsible for the monthly close process; ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Reconcile and prepare intercompany entries.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for various PSO organizations and answer related questions.
- Assist with annual financial audits including schedule preparation and interaction with auditors.
- Monitor PSO cash balances.
- Provide excellent customer service; respond to inquiries and research questions as they arise.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and policies and procedures.
- Ensure accounting practices comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Maintain financial files in accordance with standard retention requirements
- Other duties as needed.
Qualifications, Competencies, and Strengths
Education/Certification: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field at minimum.
Experience: Prefer 4+ years of accounting/finance work experience. Experience in education preferred.
- Commitment to the philosophy and mission of Great Hearts.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; oriented towards detail, thoroughness, and accuracy.
- Experience with QuickBooks or similar accounting system preferred.
- Solid understanding of accounting and related activities.
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to develop positive and professional relationships with team members, PSO members and Academy staff.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint; QuickBooks experience a plus.
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
Type of fingerprint clearance: Must possess or obtain valid Arizona Department of Public Safety fingerprint clearance card.
Physical functions: Requires but is not limited to standing, sitting, repetitious hand and body movements, bending, squatting, and reaching. May be required to move or position equipment up to 15 pounds approximately.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not exclude or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Great Hearts Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit an online application at www.greatheartsamerica.org or copy/paste the direct link below:
Questions? Contact Human Resources at HR@greatheartsaz.org