POSITION: Marketing Manager – Development
DEPARTMENT: Great Hearts Foundation
LOCATION: Great Hearts Lead Office
REPORTS TO: Director of Annual Campaigns & Donor Acquisition
FLSA STATUS: Full-Time Exempt
ANNUAL SALARY: $55,000 – $65,000
The Development Marketing Manager is responsible for working alongside and as a direct report to the Director of Annual Campaigns & Donor Acquisition for strategizing, developing content, planning, writing, and executing Great Hearts Foundation development-wide marketing strategies to achieve annual campaign goals nationally. Their primary purpose is to strengthen and elevate priority messaging for these critical charitable funding sources. They are responsible for the build out and delivery through Regional Annual Campaign Managers resources, including print, social media, graphic design elements and email marketing. As needed, this role is responsible for global initiative message prep, solicitation list management for email marketing platforms, and numerous other marketing and communication coordination to support the execution of the Annual Strategic Plan and approved Regional Annual Campaign marketing needs per the Director of Annual Campaigns & Donor Acquisition.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Implements predetermined marketing strategies that advance and meet the Great Hearts brand and drive increased engagement to retain and acquire annual campaign donors through a variety of annual campaigns.
- Coordinates the production with internal team members and external vendors on all regional annual campaign collateral. This includes narrative print, video, direct-mail inserts, digital communications, and website updates related to annual campaigns.
- Proofread and format annual campaign messaging for donor communications and proposals.
- Manage all annual campaign-related communications through Constant Contact in line with the strategic annual campaign plan.
- Participates in Great Hearts Foundation Team meetings as well as cross-functional department marketing meetings under the leadership of the VP of External Affairs. Participates in weekly 1:1 meeting with the Director of Annual Campaigns and Donor Acquisition as well as Regional Annual Campaign Manager meetings as needed.
- Ensure consistency of brand messaging and quality and establish guidelines to apply across all Great Hearts Academies relative to annual campaigns.
- Based on the pre-determined Annual Strategic Plan, send draft Weekly Development Report to Regional Annual Campaign Managers for distribution among regional teams.
- In partnership with the Director of Annual Campaigns & Donor Acquisition and Development Systems Administrator, creates marketing and communication lists for initiatives in the Annual Strategic Plan using constituent and gift information in Raiser’s Edge.
- Plan and execute, in cooperation with academies, all web content related to Annual Campaigns or “Donate” and “Give” references to ensure consistency and best practice to maximize visitor engagement related to development and annual campaigns. This includes, but is not limited to, social media marketing, ad-buys, and collateral related to digital peer-to-peer fundraising initiatives.
- Measure and report the performance of all digital marketing campaigns and assess these campaigns against goals (ROI and KPI’s).
- Seeks to identify, analyze and monitor emerging trends related to marketing best practices to leverage for the integration of development work within the Great Hearts Foundation with an emphasis on annual campaign growth. Proposes improvements to existing frameworks to advance the Great Hearts mission.
- Provide management of the market research function by developing and measuring key metrics.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications, Competencies & Strengths
Education/Certification: Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Marketing or Communications.
Experience: Minimum 5 years of progressive marketing experience. Experience in education or non-profit work preferred. Has a robust understanding of development and fundraising principals.
- Experience and working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge Software.
- Experience with website editing and updating through WordPress.
- Experience or ability to learn communication and marketing platforms, such as Constant Contact, ThruText, and School Messenger.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Outlook, TEAMs, and SharePoint.
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Experience working with and maintaining confidential information.
- Skilled in managing the development of effective marketing and communications materials (publications, presentations, graphics, ads, etc.).
- Creative thinker who can develop ways to build and promote content, cross promote messages.
- Superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills; oriented towards detail, thoroughness, and accuracy.
Type of fingerprint clearance: Must possess or obtain valid Arizona Department of Public Safety fingerprint clearance card.
Physical functions: Requires but is not limited to standing, sitting, repetitious hand and body movements, bending, squatting, and reaching. May be required to move or position equipment up to 15 pounds approximately.
Travel required: Occasional outside office meeting as needed and potential cross regional travel if requested.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not exclude or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Great Hearts Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.