POSITION: Academy Giving Manager
LOCATION: Archway Classical Academy Veritas and Veritas Preparatory Academy
REPORTS TO: Headmaster
FLSA STATUS: Exempt, Full-time (eligible for benefits)
ANNUAL SALARY RANGE: $44,000 - $55,000
The Academy Giving Manager serves as the lead fundraiser dedicated to the development of individual and corporate matching funding resources for their K-12 school community. He/She implements the donor cycle in accordance and in compliance with the implementation of a predetermined Annual Campaign Strategic Plan. In close coordination and direction of the Great Hearts Arizona Regional Development team and Great Hearts Foundation, reporting to the Headmasters, this position provides the following services:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementation of predetermined development strategies and successful completion of annual Community Investment campaigns and Tax Credit drives (Annual Campaigns)
- Identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of mid-range move-up gifts to support the Teacher Excellence Fund and other designated gifts to the academy.
- Participation in academy-based Capital Campaigns, as needed, including the direct ask of major gifts
- Central liaison and leader to Headmasters for all campus development activities for the predetermined fundraising activities around Annual Campaigns.
- Provides weekly progress reports to the Headmasters and Great Hearts home office and attends and presents progress reports to various constituent groups such as the Academy Advisory Boards, Parent Service Organizations and others as needed.
- Attends required weekly status meetings with assigned Regional Annual Campaign Manager, Regional network-wide Development team meetings, training sessions offered by Zoom or in person.
- Participates in regional network-wide fundraising initiatives that directly benefit individual academies such as the Great Hearts Gala and/or like regional events.
- Schedules work time to align with school activity and other events before-and-after school where in person engagement for annual campaigns is required.
- Conducts fundraising in accordance with the Annual Strategic Plan deliverables and according to all Great Hearts Academies policies and procedures.
Qualifications, Competencies, and Strengths:
- Education/Certification: Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience: Prior experience using database and Raiser’s edge software preferred.
- Commitment to the philosophy and mission of Great Hearts
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; oriented towards detail, thoroughness, and accuracy.
- Superior organization, communication, and computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Is resourceful, a self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to develop positive and professional relationships with team members at their academy and regional office and donor constituents
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- Strong Public Speaking skills
Type of fingerprint clearance: Must possess or obtain valid Arizona Department of Public Safety fingerprint clearance card.
Physical functions: Requires but is not limited to standing, sitting, repetitious hand and body movements, bending, squatting, and reaching. May be required to move or position equipment up to 15 pounds approximately.
Travel required: May need to travel locally to the various academies within the Phoenix metro area.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not exclude or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Great Hearts Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit an online application at www.greatheartsamerica.org