POSITION: Technology Manager (multiple)
LOCATION: Remote Location Available; Available AZ and CST Hours
DEPARTMENT: Great Hearts Civitas
REPORTS TO: Director of Business Systems
FLSA: Salaried, exempt
Great Hearts is a nonprofit network of public charter schools dedicated to improving education nationwide through classical preparatory K–12 academies. A Great Hearts education prepares students to be more than just proficient test takers; rather, it prepares them to become great-hearted and virtuous leaders capable of success throughout their higher education and professional careers. With a curriculum built upon a character-centered, classical liberal arts tradition and a revolutionary approach to school itself, Great Hearts cultivates the hearts and minds of students through the pursuit of Truth, Goodness, and Beauty. Great Hearts serves over 20,000 students in both Texas and Arizona.
On January 4th, 2021, Great Hearts launched a new virtual classical academy to serve students in Texas. Great Hearts Online is fully enrolled to the delight and satisfaction of over 500 students and their families.
Great Hearts Online is the core educational offering, and we are thinking bigger. In Latin, civitas is a word describing a body of citizens who constitute a state or a commonwealth; a civitas is a body of people imparting shared responsibility, a common purpose, and a sense of community toward greater citizenship. What we are building is a Great Hearts Civitas: a national body of families and students, connected by a common purpose, in community and citizenship together. In the coming years, we will offer excellence in virtual classical education with a focus on tight-knit online and in-person communities in pursuit of a national GH Civitas.
This is a position within Great Hearts Civitas, the newest branch of the Great Hearts organization. Additional information on roles can be found at www.greatheartsamerica.org/careers.
With a July 1 start date and the possibility of a May 1 start date, Great Hearts Civitas is seeking full time Technology Managers. These hands-on positions will be specialized in System Support, Faculty Support, or Family Support, but expected to contribute in each of these areas as demand dictates during the academic year.
The ideal candidate for each position is:
- Required: As passionate about the people we serve as they are about the technologies we deliver
- Required: A proven team player, results- and solutions-oriented contributor, and relationship builder
- Required: Eager to make a difference
- Required: Growth mindset
- Required: Flexible and entrepreneurial
Duties and Responsibilities
The Technology Manager will have roles and responsibilities aligned to the below. This mid-career individual contributor will need to balance strategic goals against the urgent needs of the broader organization.
- Systems and Data: Deploy and manage the back-end systems that deliver educational content, facilitate community building, and provide critical data to our stakeholders and those governmental entities to whom we are accountable. Design, implement, and monitor technologies and best practices to ensure data integrity, information security, and scholar-appropriate content. Manual and automated data entry, validation, and ETL operations. Partner with Great Hearts America systems and technology leaders.
- Faculty Support: Collaborate with our Instructional Designers to integrate classical education with modern educational practices in an online environment. Deploy, manage, support, and train faculty on the hardware and software tools we use to deliver excellent live and asynchronous classroom experiences. Represent the faculty perspective to the technology team. Partner with and accountable to Headmaster(s). Partner with the operations team for device acquisition and deployment.
- Family Support: Partner with our families to understand their needs and represent their perspective to the technology team. Deploy scholar devices and associated software. Train and support families as they use technology to access live and asynchronous educational opportunities. Partner with Family Success Coordinator(s) and SIS Data Analyst(s). Partner with the operations team for device acquisition and deployment.
Qualifications, Competencies, and Strengths
- Education and Experience:
- 2 or more years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with related certifications
- Direct Experience with two or more the following is required:
- G Suite (Docs, Sheets, Drive, Workspace)
- Canvas LMS
- Jira Service Management or similar ticketing system(s)
- Customer Service or Technical Support for non-technical users
- Windows or Chrome OS desktop management and support
- Developing and Presenting Technical Training
- Data and APIs: REST, GraphQL, ETL, SQL
- Web Application development and troubleshooting: HTML/JS/CSS
- Web application security risks and best practices
- The following experience is highly valued:
- K-12 education
- State reporting for K-12 institutions
- Working as part of a distributed team
- Interest in developing team leadership skills
- MacOS, iOS and Android support and troubleshooting
- Ability to travel up to 5% of time
Type of clearance:
Must complete Texas Department of Public Safety fingerprint clearance and background check.
Physical functions: Requires but is not limited to standing, sitting, repetitious hand and body movements, bending, squatting, and reaching. May be required to move or position equipment up to 50 pounds approximately.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not exclude or restrict the additional tasks that may be assigned.
Great Hearts Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.