Great Hearts Academies is a non-profit network of charter schools dedicated to improving education by developing excelling public prep schools. Great Hearts’ academies are substantially outperforming other public and private schools, proving that tuition-free schools can do a superb job of educating students if they are smaller, more efficient, and set higher expectations for all students through a core, classical liberal arts curriculum. We gladly prepare our graduates for success in the best colleges and universities in the nation, but our main purpose is the formation of the soul, heart, and mind. We believe that the highest goal of education is to become good, intellectually and morally. The success of Great Hearts is based on combining an unwavering commitment to classical liberal arts education with the understanding that our schools can constantly be improved through sound, data-driven leadership.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Answer and manage incoming calls
- Receive and interact professionally with parents, students and visitors
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations, and other documents
- Print and distribute class schedules
- Assist with annual enrollment process to include correspondence and maintenance of the student enrollment database
- File and retrieve documents and reference materials
- Record, transcribe, and distribute incoming communications
- Receive and process records requests in a timely manner
- Collect fees and issue receipts to parents for extra-curricular activities
- Assist faculty with copying and other class preparation
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Competencies and Strengths
The Assistant Office Manager position offers an exceptional opportunity to lead and contribute meaningfully to a unique organization which is changing K-12 education in this country. While experience in education is preferred in this role, Great Hearts is seeking people who are passionate and committed to K-12 education reform.
- Prior experience working in a school’s front office preferred
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to organize confidential data efficiently.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with students, parents, co-workers and the public at large
- Strong computer skills utilizing Word and Excel and the ability to learn new software quickly
- Be a self-starter with an ownership attitude and a strong sense of drive and urgency to meet established goals
Personal Qualities and Values
We value each of our team members as individuals but believe that we achieve the greatest results by working together. We willingly sacrifice individual interests and recognition for greater collective impact. The candidate should enjoy being a team player. A vibrant shared services center, and the competitive aspiration, well-being, and camaraderie of our employees, is an essential complement to our academic communities.
The nine core virtues that we seek to model and instill in our students are:
- Responsibility. We accept obligations and we act on those obligations in a manner suitable to their timely and satisfactory fulfillment. We are willingly accountable for what we do and say, and we seek to learn from our mistakes.
- Perseverance and Courage. We spurn despair and strive to complete tasks to the best of our abilities, regardless of the difficulty. We respond creatively to overcome obstacles and ask for help when necessary
- Integrity and Honesty. We are individuals of strong ethical values, who make consistently good choices in keeping with our knowledge of right and wrong. We are always truthful in what we say and do, regardless of the circumstances or consequences.
- Citizenship and Humility. We give of our time and abilities to serve others. We uphold liberty and social equality through respect for individual differences and always strive to do our best whether we are recognized or not.
- Friendship. We regard others and ourselves as deserving of kind and just treatment. Our conduct is considerate and polite. We look for the good in others and demonstrate compassion. Our attitudes toward others reflect the way we wish to be treated.
- Wisdom. We learn from our mistakes and think before we act. We look to each other and our past successes for guidance on making good choices.
Great Hearts offers a very competitive benefits package and overall compensation will be commensurate with talent, experience and education.
TO APPLY: Candidates must apply using our online application, accessible via our website https://www.greatheartsamerica.org/careers/apply-now/. For general information/questions regarding the application or hiring process please contact: email@example.com.
Great Hearts Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.